Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Getting medicals done in NZ

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast of Suffolk
    Posts
    355

    Default Getting medicals done in NZ

    Hi all,

    I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting their immigration medicals done in NZ?
    As we are coming on visitor visas we will be applying from NZ providing we can find work, so will probably get the medicals done there.

    Thanks in advance

    Helen

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ōtepoti, Aotearoa
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    I wondered if anyone has any experience of getting their immigration medicals done in NZ?
    Yes - what do you want to know? Perhaps I might be of assistance.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,513

    Default

    Pending any replies now, you might like to do a Search - this has been mentioned quite often in the past.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast of Suffolk
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Pending any replies now, you might like to do a Search - this has been mentioned quite often in the past.
    I did a search 'Medicals in New Zealand' and no matches. I did try, honest!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast of Suffolk
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Yes - what do you want to know? Perhaps I might be of assistance.
    I understand you can go to any doctor, would you be so kind to give me a rough idea of price please? And is it a quick turnaround from medical to results?

    Thanks in advance

    Helen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK - North Shore, Akld - UK
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    I understand you can go to any doctor, would you be so kind to give me a rough idea of price please? And is it a quick turnaround from medical to results?

    Thanks in advance

    Helen
    We paid NZ$500 total for 2 adults and 2 children plus $90 per adult for x-rays and $90 per adult for blood tests. Not every GP in NZ offers the service but we had more choice of locations in our area (North Shore, Auckland) than in the UK.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast of Suffolk
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    We paid NZ$500 total for 2 adults and 2 children plus $90 per adult for x-rays and $90 per adult for blood tests. Not every GP in NZ offers the service but we had more choice of locations in our area (North Shore, Auckland) than in the UK.
    Thank you very much! That is really helpful!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    I did a search 'Medicals in New Zealand' and no matches. I did try, honest!
    They are there, honest!

    This is the result from a Google Advanced search (site:emigratenz.org "medical in NZ"), and here are all the old mentions I was thinking of. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

    In case you didn't know, Google is often a more sensitive search-engine than the site's own. Telling it site:emigratenz.org first means it only searches our site, then putting a term within double quotes means it looks for that string of words, not just the individual words separately.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast of Suffolk
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    They are there, honest!

    This is the result from a Google Advanced search (site:emigratenz.org "medical in NZ"), and here are all the old mentions I was thinking of. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

    In case you didn't know, Google is often a more sensitive search-engine than the site's own. Telling it site:emigratenz.org first means it only searches our site, then putting a term within double quotes means it looks for that string of words, not just the individual words separately.
    OK thanks, will use good old google next time. Anyway, I know what I need now so that's fine!

    Helen

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ōtepoti, Aotearoa
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    I understand you can go to any doctor, would you be so kind to give me a rough idea of price please? And is it a quick turnaround from medical to results?

    Thanks in advance

    Helen
    INZ's website provides this result when searching for 'New Zealand':
    'Panel Doctors
    Country: New Zealand Hours: Any New Zealand doctor or radiologist can be used if the applicant is in New Zealand.
    Type: Doctor/Radiologist '


    Prices per adult are around 200 for GP and 100 each for blood and xray; incl. GST.

    Turnaround is generally quite quick I would say; it is about a week or a couple of days more. It depends on the the time of the year how quick you get appointments. Avoid summer holiday season and semester starts at varsities etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •