Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Counting Down!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    420

    Default Counting Down!

    This last week we have managed to sell both of our vehicles, refinanced our house (at a lower interest rate), booked a container (arrives June 24), and completed our Californian 'Farewell Tour' (saying goodbye to my hubby's relatives). We are now renting a little car to get around in until we leave - a big change from my Chevy Suburban!

    The dogs are scheduled to fly from Portland to LA on June 30 - flying to AKL on July 1-YAY for MAF finally enacting the new entry requirements and shorter quarantine

    We fly to Hawaii on July 4 - then two of us on to NZ on July 8 (OH and other two daughters follow July 24). We have mountains of boxes due to be delivered in two days - it is time to start packing!!

    Amy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,520

    Default

    All the best. I bet it's starting to feel as if time is speeding up

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Spent all day yesterday packing boxes. We have mountains more boxes piled in our hallway too - the container comes in 19 days!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK -> USA -> Timaru
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
    The dogs are scheduled to fly from Portland to LA on June 30 - flying to AKL on July 1-YAY for MAF finally enacting the new entry requirements and shorter quarantine
    What is the new quarantine time for dogs imported from the USA?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hants>Half Moon Bay>Franklin
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Good luck with all the packing.

    On Wednesday I have the agent for the Kingseat Rd house coming round, so if you like I can ask her about the dogs again - do you have any information you could let me have, like breed and size, are they house dogs or live outside in a run? (Although I have spoken to the owner before we moved in and she did say face to face that we could only have a cat, might be worth a try though).
    Last edited by YouMeAndThree; 6th June 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Wrong day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    What is the new quarantine time for dogs imported from the USA?
    Cats and dogs from all countries other than Australia will be directed to an approved cat and dog transitional facility for a minimum period of 10 days or until all biosecurity requirements have been fulfilled.
    Ian

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    Good luck with all the packing.

    On Wednesday I have the agent for the Kingseat Rd house coming round, so if you like I can ask her about the dogs again - do you have any information you could let me have, like breed and size, are they house dogs or live outside in a run? (Although I have spoken to the owner before we moved in and she did say face to face that we could only have a cat, might be worth a try though).
    That would be great - one of the dogs (Rosie) is my avatar. She is a three year old rat terrier - our other dog is a 7 year old chihuahua/miniature pinscher cross (mutt!). They are both about 8kg. Both are inside dogs but very well behaved and absolutely house broken. Thank you so much!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    What is the new quarantine time for dogs imported from the USA?
    Yes, as Ian mentioned - the quarantine went from 30 days to 10! BUT...of course the quarantine fees have stayed basically the same

    Amy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •