Thread: Counting Down!

Default Counting Down!

This last week we have managed to sell both of our vehicles, refinanced our house (at a lower interest rate), booked a container (arrives June 24), and completed our Californian 'Farewell Tour' (saying goodbye to my hubby's relatives). We are now renting a little car to get around in until we leave - a big change from my Chevy Suburban!

The dogs are scheduled to fly from Portland to LA on June 30 - flying to AKL on July 1-YAY for MAF finally enacting the new entry requirements and shorter quarantine

We fly to Hawaii on July 4 - then two of us on to NZ on July 8 (OH and other two daughters follow July 24). We have mountains of boxes due to be delivered in two days - it is time to start packing!!

Amy.

All the best. I bet it's starting to feel as if time is speeding up

Spent all day yesterday packing boxes. We have mountains more boxes piled in our hallway too - the container comes in 19 days!

Quote Originally Posted by auskiwi View Post
    The dogs are scheduled to fly from Portland to LA on June 30 - flying to AKL on July 1-YAY for MAF finally enacting the new entry requirements and shorter quarantine
    What is the new quarantine time for dogs imported from the USA?

Good luck with all the packing.

On Wednesday I have the agent for the Kingseat Rd house coming round, so if you like I can ask her about the dogs again - do you have any information you could let me have, like breed and size, are they house dogs or live outside in a run? (Although I have spoken to the owner before we moved in and she did say face to face that we could only have a cat, might be worth a try though).
    Last edited by YouMeAndThree; 6th June 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Wrong day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Cats and dogs from all countries other than Australia will be directed to an approved cat and dog transitional facility for a minimum period of 10 days or until all biosecurity requirements have been fulfilled.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    Good luck with all the packing.

On Wednesday I have the agent for the Kingseat Rd house coming round, so if you like I can ask her about the dogs again - do you have any information you could let me have, like breed and size, are they house dogs or live outside in a run? (Although I have spoken to the owner before we moved in and she did say face to face that we could only have a cat, might be worth a try though).
    That would be great - one of the dogs (Rosie) is my avatar. She is a three year old rat terrier - our other dog is a 7 year old chihuahua/miniature pinscher cross (mutt!). They are both about 8kg. Both are inside dogs but very well behaved and absolutely house broken. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Yes, as Ian mentioned - the quarantine went from 30 days to 10! BUT...of course the quarantine fees have stayed basically the same

Amy.