Thread: Police Certificates and medicals

Smile Police Certificates and medicals

Hi, its been a while since i last posted on here, can anyone remeind me how much it costs for police certificates and for medicals? Do they vary depending on where you get them done?? And does anyone know what children have to have done in the medical?
    Thank you
    Last edited by wolfysmith; 3rd June 2011 at 02:19 AM.

In the UK police certificates are £35 plus £7 delivery. Further information is available here: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPo...tificates.aspx

Medicals vary a lot, there is a thread running where people are recording how much it costs - try doing a search for that. My understanding is that a medical is required for all children on the application but you can check that on the immigration NZ site for the specific visa you are applying for.

Thank you

Our kids are 3 and 15. The 3 yr old didn't have to have blood tests or chest x-rays, but the 15 yr old did. In the case of our 3 yr old, doc checked her eyesight, hearing, checked her developmental milestones and her speech.

Quote Originally Posted by mptopham View Post
    In the UK police certificates are £35 plus £7 delivery. Further information is available here: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPo...tificates.aspx

Medicals vary a lot, there is a thread running where people are recording how much it costs - try doing a search for that. My understanding is that a medical is required for all children on the application but you can check that on the immigration NZ site for the specific visa you are applying for.
    you do not have to pay the £7 if you are happy with standard first class postage - I was happy enough with that and it arrived without problem

Default Cost of Medicals

We received our ITA a week ago, and today I had the shock of my life when I called one of the panel doctors for cost of medicals. They quoted me £215 per adult for the medical (without the xray) and my 15 year old son is apparently an adult too. OMG. Will be calling around some of the other panel drs listed but there is only one in Oxfordshire so this isn't going to be that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Juer View Post
    We received our ITA a week ago, and today I had the shock of my life when I called one of the panel doctors for cost of medicals. They quoted me £215 per adult for the medical (without the xray) and my 15 year old son is apparently an adult too. OMG. Will be calling around some of the other panel drs listed but there is only one in Oxfordshire so this isn't going to be that easy.
    sounds about right, we live in Gibraltar and had to travel to Malaga for ours, bus fares plus hotel costs and the medical, bloods and xrays came to about £500 for 2

£820 for 2 adult medicals which included X-rays, urinalysis and bloods. Also medicals for 2 children - no bloods or x-rays but urine test for 5 year old (5 years old is the age they start this). Only need bloods and X-rays for 15 years and over.

how long medical reports takes to come through?

Quote Originally Posted by smith2182 View Post
    £820 for 2 adult medicals which included X-rays, urinalysis and bloods. Also medicals for 2 children - no bloods or x-rays but urine test for 5 year old (5 years old is the age they start this). Only need bloods and X-rays for 15 years and over.
    Where did you go?