Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does "no news" means "good news" when it comes to the processing of a work visa? help...

Default does "no news" means "good news" when it comes to the processing of a work visa? help...

Hi everyone! im so worried right now with regards to my work visa application.

I submitted my application for a work visa last April 12,2011. Six weeks has passed when I finally decided to follow up on my status. According to the "call center" of the immigration, my application has not been assigned a case officer yet. What??? Six weeks and no case officer yet??? So I decided to wait for 2 weeks more... Then emailed the immigration again for any updates. They informed me that finally a case officer has already been assigned and that the officer will just contact me if there is any problem regarding my application.

Two nights ago, I emailed them again with regards to my application since it has been approximately 2 and a half months since I've submitted my application.

Until...

Today I received a reply from the immigration that a decision has finally been made regarding my application but the decision letter and passport has not yet been sent.

I am so worried because the case officer didn't even contact me once...and now a decision has finally been made.

Does this mean good news for me??? Can the immigration or any case officer for that matter, decline my application for a work visa out right?

I am a medical laboratory technician with a new zealand registration and practising certificate and I applied thru the essential skills program.

I am sooo scared right now... But I don't have any choice but to wait for the letter to arrive in the mail...

Be positive about the outcome. I remember applying for Work Visa couple of years back (out of NZ) and NZIS never gave me any hint of the outcome, it turned out to be positive though. Even with PR application, outcome was left till the last moment when I finally saw email from Case Officer (as we had several rounds of MA referral etc) and finally formal letter of approval.

Enjoy the long weekend and things will turn out for good

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Be positive about the outcome. I remember applying for Work Visa couple of years back (out of NZ) and NZIS never gave me any hint of the outcome, it turned out to be positive though. Even with PR application, outcome was left till the last moment when I finally saw email from Case Officer (as we had several rounds of MA referral etc) and finally formal letter of approval.

Enjoy the long weekend and things will turn out for good
    Thank you... I hope the outcome would really be positive. My case officer didnt even email me. Not a single letter/ email from him/her. that's why im so scared... but is it possble that they would decline my application even without asking for additional documents first?

It depends, most of the times NZIS (or any other immigration office) just state that they will contact if they need more information. Did you have any other complications like medicals, police clearance etc? As yours is Work visa, it might be tied to a job/employer, were any references requested to them. You may just relax if everything else is in place.

It depends, most of the times NZIS (or any other immigration office) just state that they will contact if they need more information. Did you have any other complications like medicals, police clearance etc? As yours is Work visa, it might be tied to a job/employer, were any references requested to them. You may just relax if everything else is in place.
    i wasn't ask for a medical certificate because I've already submitted one when I applied for a visitor visa here. So i think that is the one that they used. I'm on a visitor visa before I applied for a work visa.

I might be missing some details here, How long is your work visa for (if you don't mind me asking)?

Hey,

INZ cannot decline your application until they have sought comment from you first. If you have not had any communication from INZ and they are returning your passport it is likely the application has been approved.

Have you called the call centre asking for the decision over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by c3po View Post
    Hey,

INZ cannot decline your application until they have sought comment from you first. If you have not had any communication from INZ and they are returning your passport it is likely the application has been approved.

Have you called the call centre asking for the decision over the phone?
    the call centre won't say anything about the case officer's decision. all they are going to say is if a decision has already been made or not.i think they definitely don't know the actual final decision. i just hope it will be positive though...

I might be missing some details here, How long is your work visa for (if you don't mind me asking)?
    i applied for a two years working visa... i hope it will be approved since my occupation is in the list of essential skills in NZ.

Can you not check your application status online? In my experience no news is a good news. CO will contact if further docs are required and they don't refuse without giving you a chance to comment. So finger crossed, I think you got visa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast