Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporarily Leaving NZ with a Work Visa

Default Temporarily Leaving NZ with a Work Visa

My OH will be applying for a work visa under the partnership category. Will he be able to leave NZ for two weeks and be able to work upon his return? I guess I'm wondering if it is usual for partnership work visa's to include multiple entry.
    Thanks,
    Amy.

Default Work permit

He will need to apply for a visa as well as the permit. The permit only allows him to work and stay in NZ. To leave and return he also needs to pay for the Visa. I cant remember the exact cost from when we got my OHs visa tho and helpfully the NZIS site is currently down

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    He will need to apply for a visa as well as the permit. The permit only allows him to work and stay in NZ. To leave and return he also needs to pay for the Visa. I cant remember the exact cost from when we got my OHs visa tho and helpfully the NZIS site is currently down
    Permits no longer exist for new applicants, only visas now.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Permits no longer exist for new applicants, only visas now.

Ian
    Oooh Ian...does that mean that with OH new work permit app we dont need to shell out later for a visa if we want to head out of NZ. OH has renewal app in at the mo while his residency is being sorted

What does the wording on the sticker in his passport actually say?

Default Permit

Hi JandM
    His current permit says 'This permit expires when the holder leaves NZ'. Will have to wait and see what the new one says but will be bonus if we dont have to pay out for the visa as well as the permit this time round.

The wording for the situation you want to have may be a work visa with travel conditions. Here's a summary of equivalents under the new Act which may help a bit. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ets/status.htm

The new work visa applications have a section to complete if you wish to have travel conditions included, so on our visas we may leave and return. But ours were issued this year, so don't know about the old work permit.

Hmmm. I did not see this in my application paperwork. As I am applying for a 5 year work Visa, I would hope that I could travel....

Quote Originally Posted by gzapp View Post
    Hmmm. I did not see this in my application paperwork. As I am applying for a 5 year work Visa, I would hope that I could travel....
    I checked the copies of OH application n couldn't find travel as an option either. Anyone any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast