Thread: TV Channels Available

Default TV Channels Available

Hi everyone! I live in Canada and in the midst of a job offer to move/work to New Zealand--Auckland.

What channels again are available in NZ? Is there options to get more if needed? I particularly like Life, documentary, cooking, house/home, comedy channels etc. Not just the major network stuff in US/Canada.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Hi everyone! I live in Canada and in the midst of a job offer to move/work to New Zealand--Auckland.

What channels again are available in NZ? Is there options to get more if needed? I particularly like Life, documentary, cooking, house/home, comedy channels etc. Not just the major network stuff in US/Canada.

Thanks.
    You can check out Freeview TV listings and Sky TV guide

Ian

Most of the Standard channels have cooking shows on ALL the time - but to get more of the docos - you are best with Sky. Have no idea what satellite TV is like in Canada, but coming from Ireland I was deeply disappointed with the selection over here.

But check out the links above!

Agrees, television is a big disappointment here. We have Sky for rescue (but again most of the programs are repeated eternally!!).

Check out the deals on Vodafone website if you are opting for Sky, installation etc is free for 12 months subscription plus some other discounts which might be interest (SkyHD is quite flexible as we record our favorite programs while away from home).

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Agrees, television is a big disappointment here. We have Sky for rescue (but again most of the programs are repeated eternally!!).

Check out the deals on Vodafone website if you are opting for Sky, installation etc is free for 12 months subscription plus some other discounts which might be interest (SkyHD is quite flexible as we record our favorite programs while away from home).
    So it is only your favourite programmes that are not repeated eternally?

ha ha...yes believe me!! Sky has this technology too

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    ha ha...yes believe me!! Sky has this technology too
    And I can confirm it has the same advanced technology that allows it to series link and record every episode of a show, including the 3am repeats of the prior series and then stop recording 3 minutes prior to the end of the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    and then stop recording 3 minutes prior to the end of the last episode.
    dont u just hate that...
    we also have the problem that if you pause something for longer than 20 mins/half hour it will stop after a half hour or so of continuing to watch it..