Thread: Family Stream & IELTS

Default Family Stream & IELTS

Hello again.
    I'm facing a problem with my wife's English. Long story short she doesn't have the Cambridge Proficiency.

So what i'd like to ask is, if i get there(here?) alone via WTR and then use the Family Stream program would she have to have some sort of diploma/cert in English (IELTS/Proficiency)?

As always, thanks in advance for your answers and time spend on me.

I'm looking at this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ed/default.htm From what is written there, if you don't include her when you first go in, and you then sponsor her later, she will need to meet the English requirements.

These are stated here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/. As you will see, if she hasn't passed the IELTS, and doesn't have some other proof of English proficiency, you can pre-pay ESOL tuition for her, the lessons to be taken in NZ.

SM5.10 English language requirements for non-principal applicants

Unless SM5.15 applies, partners and dependent children aged 16 and older, who are included in Skilled Migrant Category applications, must:
    show that they meet a minimum standard of English to enable successful settlement in New Zealand; or
    pre-purchase ESOL training; or
    provide other evidence which satisfies a visa or immigration officer that, taking account of that evidence and all the circumstances of the application, they are a competent user of English (see SM5.5 (c)(iii)).
    Non-principal applicants meet the minimum standard of English if:
    they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from IELTS, showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module; or
    (if they are the partner of a principal applicant), they have current skilled employment in New Zealand for a period of at least 12 months that qualifies for points (see SM10); or
    they provide evidence of one of the following:
    completion of all primary education and at least 3 years of secondary education (that is, the equivalent of New Zealand Forms 3 to 5 or years 9 to 11) at schools using English as the language of instruction;
    completion of at least 5 years of secondary education (that is, the equivalent of New Zealand Forms 3 to 7 or years 9 to 13) at schools using English as the language of instruction;
    completion of a course of at least 3 years duration leading to the award of a tertiary qualification at institutions using English as the language of instruction;
    that the applicant holds General Certificate of Education (GCE) "A" Levels from Britain or Singapore with a minimum C pass (the passes must specifically include the subjects English Language or Literature, or Use of English);
    that the applicant holds International Baccalaureate – full Diploma in English Medium;
    that the applicant holds Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – minimum C pass;
    that the applicant holds Hong Kong Advanced Level Examinations (HKALE) including a minimum C pass in Use of English;
    that the applicant holds STPM 920 (Malaysia) – A or B pass in English Literature;
    that the applicant holds University of Cambridge in collaboration with University of Malaya, General Certificate of English (GCE) "A" levels with a minimum C pass. The passes must specifically include the subjects English or General Paper;
    that the applicant holds South African Matriculation Certificate, including a minimum D pass in English (Higher Grade);
    that the applicant holds South African Senior Certificate, including a minimum D pass in English (Higher Grade), endorsed with the words 'matriculation exempt';
    that the applicant holds a New Zealand Tertiary Entrance Qualification gained on completing the seventh form.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm looking at this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ed/default.htm From what is written there, if you don't include her when you first go in, and you then sponsor her later, she will need to meet the English requirements.
    This is the actual wording:
    'If you were eligible to be included as a partner of a principal applicant in an earlier successful application under the General Skills, Residence from Work, Skilled Migrant, Business Immigration or Business Investor Categories, but were not at the time included in the application, you will have to meet the requirements of the English Language policy applying at the time you make your application under the Partnership Category.'

And from our own experience I can confirm that INZ is really checking on this!

Thanks guys.

Ok i'm officially confused...

Here is an excerpt from here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

Your partner holds a New Zealand work visa
    If your partner holds a work*visa for more than six months we may grant you a work*visa for the same length of time your partner is allowed to work in New Zealand.*
    You must show that you are in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner. Your partner must:
    be eligible to*support you
    meet the character requirement for partners supporting partnership-based temporary entry applications’
    intend to be in New Zealand for the period you apply for in your application
    provide a completed Form for partners supporting partnership based temporary entry applications (INZ 1146) PDF.
    I don't see anywhere asking for ielts or proficiency
    Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing looking at the links I posted above - they are to further pages of the INZ website, giving more detail than the one you've found.

i have new Zealand partner i know her from Facebook and we are in a relationship since two month and have but we didnt meet in personal yet we are now in a civil union and we spouse married in 17 august she try to bring me to new Zealand now and i will make soon a work partnership visa so i want as how i provide we are in a Genuine and stable partnership as all evidence i have massages at Facebook and e mails and massages at my phone from her she also make support partnership also i was try two time before get visit er visa first time for English course purpose and second time holiday purpose and get declined because first time i was do not have inf money to support my self and second time was perfect but they say i do not have strong reason to comeback to my country so do i have chance or not

and if i have what i should do work visa partnership or visitor visa under marriage
    i want know do i meat the min Requirements or not
    and if i make visiter visa under marraige i do not have 51 000 egyptian pond in my bank account since 6 month so do i need to this money to support my self

Mahmoud, I have just answered your posts on the other thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....706#post412706

Mahmoud i don't mean to pry, but have you taken the IELTS test yet?
    And if yes, could you let me know what score you got?

Shukran.