Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accurate reply Pls

Default Accurate reply Pls

Hi Guys:

I need an accurate and Quick reply pls.How much time NZIS takes to stamp PR after staying 3 months in skilled Job under WTR->PR category?

I called NZIS they told me may it will take 275 days...is it that true?????????????

Thanks

Spounds like a typo / misunderstanding to me. But for an 'accurate' answer then you need to go back to NZIS and ask them to confirm / clarify what they mean. I'm 100% sure it isn't that you submit your passport and they sit on it for 9 months before returning it.

We went straight to PR so your mileage may vary - however, when we submitted our passports we had them back within the month.

IME, they do generally seem to overstate the time it takes to get these things done though - I think it's an under-promise/over-deliver situation. As Duncan pointed out though, it's probably a good idea to confirm with NZIS directly.

I confirmed again with them they told me after staying 3 months in skilled job I will wait 275 working days to get my PR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????

Is this fair to NZIS ? Is this fair to NZ?????? We are working here and Contributing to this country i think.

Refugees are taking their residency faster than that time frame.where the hell we are ???

Where's fair in this? No-one's forcing you to come. NZ is offering the chance to residency, and sets out the process. If you don't like it, then fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hammed12 View Post
    I confirmed again with them they told me after staying 3 months in skilled job I will wait 275 working days to get my PR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????

Is this fair to NZIS ? Is this fair to NZ?????? We are working here and Contributing to this country i think.

Refugees are taking their residency faster than that time frame.where the hell we are ???
    I don't think I'm more important than a refugee- someone fleeing persecution or violence. I have a nice, safe country to go home to, if I want to.

NZ doesn't really care if we as individuals come or not. Why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by hammed12 View Post
    I really don't understand this statement.

Daniela

I fear you might just go wrong the moment comparison bit comes into picture. Why peek into refugees approval process/timeframe & draw comparisons if you are not going that route at all?

Though I very strongly agree that the attitude of the OP might be questionable I think there is a grain of truth in it: Is it necessary to grant residence to refugees so quickly? Could it not be done with a new type of 'refugee' visa that allow staying and working?!

I very strongly support caring for refugees in that they are provided with a place to live. But I think too that the question must be allowed if they should be granted far stretching resident rights so quickly.

Just a thought...

So what are you going to do at the end of a 12 month 'working' refugee visa? Deport them back to a country that you've already decided is unsuitable for them on humanitarian grounds?

I'm assuming (open to being correced here) that the issue with the 275 (ie total of 12 months) before conversion to PR is one of healthcare, education, and I suppose to a lesser degree access to mortgages / finance which the government doesn't rtealyl have direct control over, it's just banks using the PR to be a convenient shortcut for defining their credit policies.

And so to me the difference is that people coming on a WTR have a choice iun that they can return home should they have an issue with the health / education constraints on WTR visa holders. Refugees by definition wouldn't have that choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast