Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Road to Auckland

Default On the Road to Auckland

I'm pretty jazzed tonight. I had my 4th and final interview. The first was with the head hunter (Skype), manager, sr. manager, and tonight with the co-owner (all phone calls). I also ran through a psychological/cognitive test right at the beginning. It was a timed test. I had never done that before but turned out much higher/better than I thought it would!

This last interview was with a lovely, down to earth fella and kind of person I'd love to mentor with. And this is a very successful executive-type. It felt welcoming, and the kinda people I'd like to work with. Or, are all NZ's so down to earth, warm, not pretentious?

We joked about "Wellywood", talked about running 1/2 marathons and bootcamp workouts, potential placement and no games around potential that he saw in me helping to build/grow the organization.

So next step is the formal job offer. I've already sketched out some potential negotiation peices with the head hunter. One peice that is emerging that I've read is about increasing rental prices due to the World Rugby Cup. So if they want me to start prior to that, it'll cost more to come over.

We'll see if infact it can take just 2 months+ to process everything in terms of the visa application (skilled migrant), medicals etc. I have been to the site to start an EOI but not finished it as I wasn't sure what support the employer would provide via their immigration consultant.
    Last edited by Char; 10th June 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Well done Char and best of luck !!!

Wow! Quite some progress in so little time.. here's wishing you all the best

Best of luck on that offer and all the immigration hoops to jump through!

Best of luck. Sounds a lot like the process Ive just been through too. Interviews, tests, more tests, more interviews. Just waiting now like yourself.

Default Offer!

Wow it's happening so fast. A great offer too. And anxiety is starting to rear up. The reality. I'm excited and glad it's not next week so I have time to adjust. Despite emotions it feels right on other levels. And this change is ultimately about personal development and evolution as well as professional.

Any advice on how to adjust/ transition would be great. I understand there are stages so advice is appreciated. I'd be totally on own in a new country is helpful! Thanks! Feel free to email privately as well.

Wow, that was fast! Time, time, time - I personally would negotiate forthe maximum length of time before starting, so as to be able to make rational decisions and still find time to breathe. The panic will wear off quickly.

And lists...lots of lists. That's how I'm managing so far!

Cool . How about starting with a checklist of things to sort out. I had about 6-7 weeks of time to plan before reporting at work here, last 3 weeks putting plans into action All the best.

Congratulations!

congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast