Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The world's most expensive exam...

Default The world's most expensive exam...

I passed the CAOP. http://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/reqr

Something about the threat of having to take another 12 hour flight to write the test again prompted me to study more than I have ever studied for anything.

So I'll be moving sometime between now and two years from now (or I will have to sit the exam again).

Doc Mike

Congratulations!

Well done Doc Mike.

Don't you just love exams!!

Congratulations!

Congrats Dr Mike

Default Hawkes Bay Pharmacist jobs

Congratulations on passing the CAOP and choosing Hawkes Bay. I am based in Northern California and have just written the CAOP, September 2nd. I have family in Hawkes Bay and if all goes according to plan hope to be there for the start of the school year 2011. Can you please advise me on securing that 90 days of supervised work. The recruitment agencies are only willing to help if you are registered as an RPh. Also fascinated to hear you imported your car. Our cars are paid for, so it may be a good option for us? How do you find driving with the wheel on the wrong side? You could always deliver the mail if times get tough?? Look forward to your response and advise on realising the American dream in NZ as a pharmacist.

Kind regards
    Hackers

Well done! My wife passed it in December 2009 and hasnt looked back!

Quote Originally Posted by hackers View Post
    Congratulations on passing the CAOP and choosing Hawkes Bay. I am based in Northern California and have just written the CAOP, September 2nd. I have family in Hawkes Bay and if all goes according to plan hope to be there for the start of the school year 2011. Can you please advise me on securing that 90 days of supervised work. The recruitment agencies are only willing to help if you are registered as an RPh. Also fascinated to hear you imported your car. Our cars are paid for, so it may be a good option for us? How do you find driving with the wheel on the wrong side? You could always deliver the mail if times get tough?? Look forward to your response and advise on realising the American dream in NZ as a pharmacist.
    Kind regards
    Hackers
    Finding a job (for US/Canadian Pharmacists) in one paragraph: There's a big shortage of experienced hospital pharmacists. Just check out seek.co.nz and/or the district health board websites for the areas you're considering. I did not attempt to find a retail job so i can't offer much advice there; a friend from the UK was unable to find a community job in Auckland (even after doing 4 weeks unpaid supervised practice), while another friend (from the US) walked into a South Island pharmacy in the middle of nowhere and secured a job...

RE cars: Sell them!!! They changed the laws on 1st of April. It is now pretty much impossible to register a left hand drive car (unless it's a 65 Mustang...)
    Last edited by 72andsunny; 15th September 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Default Thank you

A big thank you for the quick response. Will sell the cars. Does one need hospital experience to apply for a hospital job. I have a retail pharmacy bias so may need to do a clinical dilpoma (Otago University) or some such thing to spread the net wider. Step number one - hope to hell I've passed "the most expensive exam in the world".

Cheers for now
    Hackers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast