Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT Recruitment Consultant/Agencies

Default IT Recruitment Consultant/Agencies

A quick scan through any of the popular job sites like seek or trademe tells me that most of the IT jobs are listed by a handful of job consultant agencies like HAYS,Manpower,Recruit IT, Beyond etc.

I would like to know if someone has worked through these agencies with in NZ or remotely and landed in suitable jobs. Would like to understand how do these agencies operate, when approached for a job by a candidate.

Seems we are in the same situation , I had emailed most of them asking about the possibility of finding a job before landing there but they always replied that it is difficult to get a job while I am overseas and this get me somehow dissapointed about the possiblity of finding an IT job there.

Also I am wondering what is the required qualification needed in the IT field and how big is the IT market there.

any help will be appreciated

Ah, the recruiters. We've had the same experience despite having PR and a travel date - very frustrating. We are in a different field but it's the same handful of recruiters...hopefully someone who has successfully negotiated this particular obstacle course can speak to this.
    In the meantime, good luck and hang in there!

That does not sound very encouraging that even for people with valid PR are not considered for jobs from over seas. That being said about recruitment consultant, how about directly applying to the companies itself through their website. Has anyone tried doin that....any luck!!!!!

I applied directly and it worked for me after receiving countless no. of "sorry contact us once you're here" replies. So register directly with employers and keep every possible window open.

Quote Originally Posted by saltybroad View Post
    Ah, the recruiters. We've had the same experience despite having PR and a travel date - very frustrating. We are in a different field but it's the same handful of recruiters...hopefully someone who has successfully negotiated this particular obstacle course can speak to this.
    In the meantime, good luck and hang in there!
    Agents won't really be able to do much until you're in New Zealand unless you're a perfect fit for a vacancy on their books.

Identify a couple of agents and start building a relationship with them by keeping them informed of your plans as it matures. Then agree to visit them when you arrive.

Best of luck!

Smile My Experience

I applied to a job on Seek. Was contacted by the Recruiter a few days after. Met their initial screening and had 3 more interviews directly with the client. I just received an offer yesterday! This took place over a month period. They are arranging for Visa via an immigration consultant to assist and say it will take up to 3 months. Barring no major health issues!

So the process working excellent for me and very pleased with the quality of people and professionalism throughout. Oh! On the initial ad it did say that they'd consider international applicants as well so it was clear they might be open to that. Now onto the visa stage! Best of success.

great goin CHar! Best of luck to you.

I wish we could have more of such experiences to share !!!!

ZombieDraxx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    I applied to a job on Seek. Was contacted by the Recruiter a few days after. Met their initial screening and had 3 more interviews directly with the client. I just received an offer yesterday! This took place over a month period. They are arranging for Visa via an immigration consultant to assist and say it will take up to 3 months. Barring no major health issues!

So the process working excellent for me and very pleased with the quality of people and professionalism throughout. Oh! On the initial ad it did say that they'd consider international applicants as well so it was clear they might be open to that. Now onto the visa stage! Best of success.
    Char,

Which agency was that?

Default More info?

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post

Do you mind if I ask what recruiting company and what hiring company you ended up being successful with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast