Thread: IT job Invercargill

Default IT job Invercargill

Hi,

My name is Antonio. I am a computer engineer with 7 years working experience as a System Administrator ( hardware: Windows 2000, Windows XP, SUN Servers; software Geographic Information System of the coast of Granada for the surveillance of the borders, MySQL Databases, Solaris). Knowledge in networking, Java, .NET, C/C++ .

I am thinking to move to NZ, to Invercargill because my girlfriend is going to apply for a position there so I would like also to find a job there or a position in which I can work living in Invercargill.

Thank you very much for your time.

Antonio.

there are a few companies that are in Invercargill - search yellow pages for details.
    http://www.gen-i.co.nz/about/Pages/O...aspx#southland is one company. But with the local Tech college doing Bach degrees in IT a lot of jobs are taken by the graduates.

good luck, Invercargill is a good place to start... cheap houses but unpredictable weather Ive been here 5 yrs, BUT have never been as cold as I was in Christchurch lol

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob View Post
    have never been as cold as I was in Christchurch
    Of course not! The cold is a misconception about the 'deep south' too many people outside dwell in.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Of course not! The cold is a misconception about the 'deep south' too many people outside dwell in.
    LOL yer as the local southlanders tell me - shuuush dont tell everyone the weather isnt that horrible - thats how we keep them out!

Thank you very much for your help! The news here say that this winter is one of the coldest! Hope everything is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by amf.campos View Post
    Thank you very much for your help! The news here say that this winter is one of the coldest! Hope everything is fine!
    However you might check more for local weather data. In Southland - and Otago - no extreme records have been broken. It is all fairly normal AKAIK.
    What is extreme is the area affected at once- nearly all of NZ as a whole; in particular North Island.