Thread: International qualifications recognised

Default International qualifications recognised

Hi,

I have a university degree from Spain and I have being reading about the international qualifications recognised for immigration, and I need to have my qualification assessed by NZQA .

has anybody in the forum done this process and can tell me more about it? if I don't have this assessment, is it posible to find an IT job offer and make all this steps after?

The thing is that maybe I can be included in my girlfriend's application for skilled migrant, but I don't know if I need this assessment first, because it can take a long time and maybe she has to be in NZ earlier.

Thank you very much for your time.

If your girlfriend has enough points to be selected WITHOUT claiming any for your qualification, then you don't need to have it assessed before she puts in her application.

If she claims the points for your, the secondary applicant's, qualification, THEN it would need to go to NZQA up front.

Have you already checked if your university is on the list of exempt institutions?

If it is, you don't need a NZQA assessment.

Yes, I have checked and there is no university from Spain.

I studied one year in Glasgow Caledonian University, in Scotland with an Erasmus Exchange, and this university is recognized, but mine in Granada (Spain) is not in the list.

Thank you very much for all advices!