Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly increased bilirubin levels.....worrying like hell!!

Default Slightly increased bilirubin levels.....worrying like hell!!

Hello All,

In my visa medicals for student visa i got slightly increased bilirubins i.e. total 1.7 (normal range is 0.1-1.2) and indirect 1.5 (normal range is 0-1).
    My case is referred to MA 3 weeks back.Ever since i am waiting.

I came to know from other threads it take time but will it be a problem for my visa approval and i'm in lil bit of hurry because my classes are starting in mid july...

Will they ask for further medical tests? And if they do, what are the tests and how much time they'll take to get me AIP....

My visa is submitted to New Delhi office.
    Please guide me if anyone has any previous experience.....
    Last edited by gauravwalvekar; 13th June 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Hello and welcome

General turnaround time for each MA referral is about 3-4 weeks (not sure if that has changed over past one year), I doubt if your CO can fast track the application as this whole cycle is outside your CO's control. Someone with similar bilirubin related medicals might ping you. Meanwhile you can use "Search" function above and enter keyword "bilirubin" there are few threads which discussed this.

Hope that helps.

Hello and welcome.

Sun777 and JandM thanks for replying.

I checked all the threads regarding billirubin aand i found generally panel doctor ticks no abnormal findings if billirubin is slightly high but i think my doctors didnt tick it..
    thts why it is referred to MA now..i cant do anything but to wait now...
    Praying now that MA will give positive reply caz if he asks for further tests i dont have that much time in hand...

really praying and waiting for CO's reply to mail.

I had lodged my application under Licensed Immigration Adviser. Can he do something in the case?

Google "Gilbert's Syndrome". It may be nothing more than this.
    My son has it - it causes him to sometimes becomes slightly jaundiced when he's not eating properly or is sick, but it's not an uncommon syndrome. More common in men. I think about 3% of the population have it.

@Dell:-
    Thank you for a brief on Gilbert's Syndrome.

My main question was how will MA react on it....and in what time frame...
    i am on the verge of fourth week now....n still no response.

I had lodged my application under Licensed Immigration Adviser. Can he do something in the case?
    No. The MAs are a totally different office from INZ COs, and work entirely independently. The CO can't ask the MA about cases, or hurry them up, and neither the applicant nor anyone on their behalf is allowed any direct contact with the MAs at all.

@JandM:
    Thanks a lot for the information. My Immigration Adviser told me the same thing. So i cant do anything but to wait.
    Its kind of very frustrating...

The more threads on here that you read, the more you will understand that 'kind of very frustrating' is a completely normal description of anyone's experience at any time while applying to INZ. Seriously, preserve your sanity and cool by trying not to think about NZ to the exclusion of everything else - when it's difficult to switch off the 'NZ bug' in your head, give attention to good things that are around you in your real-life world right now to take your mind off it.

Hey good news i got an email from case officer that my medicals are cleared and my visa is Approved in Principle.

Party timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast