Thread: 12/13yr old female pen pal wanted...

Default 12/13yr old female pen pal wanted...

Hi everyone,
    once again I am asking for some help...
    I am wondering if any of you with daughters would see if they would like to have a pen-pal here in the Mid-West US?
    We are in the process of sending in all of the paperwork etc but are shooting to arrive prob nov/dec of 2012.
    In the meantime I think it would be great for my daughter to have a pen-pal over there. She is really excited about the idea too. Have someone her own age she can talk to about life in NZ etc.
    So.....let me know if anyone is interested.
    Since we do live so far away and "real" letters would take for ages - e-mailing would be fine with us too.
    Obviously we would want someone who likes being there! could be a real spanner in the works for us if not!!!! LOL
    Thank you!!
    Claire

Hubby's niece is 12 - I can ask her if you like

She's born and bred Kiwi though, so couldn't offer any insights regards moving over here if that's what you're looking for...

That sounds like a great idea ... if you get the right attitude person!!

Are you looking for an expat or a "real" kiwi.. or you could even have one of each to get different perspectives I suppose..

This is OH. A real "Kiwi" is the ticket I think. We want the kids to be a positive part of the culture and to get some 'insider info' on fitting in. Plus, its a chance for a Kiwi to talk to a real Yank not named Palin or Trump (whom I might argue are not real Yanks but by-products of the culture of convenience and greed--Arghh, here I am on the soapbox again).

If there is interest, you can let us know via PM or this message board. Thanks!

The other OH here again! thanks to all of you who have already replied we have 3 potentials - all different situations so it will help create a big picture for our daughter. i have PM'd all of you who answered the call.
    Big Thanks,
    Claire

I remember having pen friends and writing and receiving real letters...those where the days