Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasn't Christchurch had enough?

Default Hasn't Christchurch had enough?

I checked here this morning to see if any of the Christchurch regulars have posted here - then realized that you probably don't have power.

Hope you are all OK - and that your homes (and loos!) have survived yet another round of the shakes.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I got a text from benandclare yesterday so I know they're OK. It's got to be so hard to keep going though My heart goes out to Cantabrians.

Sophie and Karen are OK too. We are managing...power on but no water and no vehicular access to the house...could be a problem with a 540 foot climb if the water does not come back!

Fair play to you all for sticking with it.. must be so hard..
    Hugs to all the Christchurchians in here..

We've been following it from here - so sorry for the continuing stress. You are all so tough to keep sticking it out. Speaks volumes about the character of Christchurch people.

Thinking of you all - please pass on all good wishes if you're in touch. (((())))

We're ok too. We live over in Hornby now which is on very solid ground. Power and water all fine just our nerves which have taken a battering. Not sure how much more i can stomach, developed a twitching eyelid which i'm sure is caused by stress lol Still it could be much worse, i feel for those over on the east side of the city, must be a nightmare

Yup, we're good. GNS just upgraded yesterday's shakes to 5.7 and 6.3 too - oh what fun....

Glad to hear everyone is safe and well..my friends are safe and well, apart from hubby's cousin who lost his house in the february quake, and a friend of mine at mt pleasant who has more damage again..

This unfortunately puts paid to us ever returning, hubby's company definately said no after february to set back up there (they were in High street), now there is no chance..

Take care and stay safe everyone..

Of all the shakes this one is the one that I can relate to most. I was doing some work on a tripp down there about a year ago, right where the picture of the Audi Q7 is burried in the road. Driving / walking round Main road / Mount Pleasant, and I remember commenting at the time I'd be permanently worried about living in the houses at the top / bottom of the cliffs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast