Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Offer received after PR application lodged

Default Job Offer received after PR application lodged

Hi guys,

I'm confused about something and can't find answers on the NZIS website.

We submitted our online EOI and received an ITA. Have been gathering paperwork in the meantime and only outstanding thing now is medicals. In the meantime hubby has received a job offer from a NZ company.

My question - do we send the job offer in now or wait to send in with the ITA? Also, will NZIS do a labour market test, since this job offer is part of the PR application? I checked their website and it seems they do the labour market test if the job offer is received before EOI is lodged or for temporary work permits. Not sure how this works.

Thanks for the help

Based on what happened to me, then I don't think there is a market test as you're not claiming any 'points' for the job offer, the job offer will just change the processing time (4 weeks not 4 months seems typical).

You'll need a formal offer that meets all the NZ legal requirements - mistake I made was not forwarding all the appendix/general conditions blurb, but that's important so I had to resend and PR was granted about 90 minutes after that backage was signed for at NZ house.

Hello there,
    I'm not sure about the labor market test. Regarding first part of your question, drop an email/call to NZIS and let them know about job offer.

Job offer fast tracks your application (CO is assigned immediately and rest of the processing), Medicals will still be required (I'm not sure if your medicals are cleared or with MA).

Thanks very much Sun777!!

Thanks Duncan74, this is what I was thinking too, hope it is like that!!

[QUOTE=Duncan74;411907]the job offer will just change the processing time (4 weeks not 4 months seems typical).QUOTE]

Really? If we've got all the paperwork readyand everything is fine, we could potentially have Residency visa sorted in 4 weeks? That would be tremendous.

We're putting in a work visa app as well just for insurance, does anyone think that doing that might slow the residency visa pp down as it takes some of the urgency off it?

I think what most people have done is to put in their ITA, which should immediately go to a CO, then ask that CO if they should do the work-visa-as-backup bit. INZ do try to get things through for the employer's wished-for start date, and sometimes the CO can see it's going to be okay. I know you've got a very short timeline, so I understand that you're very keen to do everything possible for speed, though.

Thanks JandM. Indeed - I've got every form printed and part fllled in already for any eventuality - fail to prepare and all that..

I suppose we've got a week or so now before the police certs and medicals come back (having those tomorrow - nervous, but not really sure why), so hopefully by then we might have heard something from INZ re the EOI checks - I should think with 170 and a job offer, it should get checked fairly quickly -hopefully! The work visa thing is as much in case the ITA takes 4-6 weeks to come through, which is just too long for us given time-scales.

Other thing I'm wondering about is the medical certs themselves - I know there's the new thing that means that if you've submitted a medical cert with a residency app, you don;t need another within 24 months, but does this rule apply when you submit it first with a work visa app - do you then need a new one for your residency app? Confused slightly. Guess it's a question for INZ London - must put them on speed dial.

I'm almost sure that as long as it's within the time-limit, it doesn't matter what it's been previously submitted for. I think someone mentioned quoting the previous reference number. If you do a Google Advanced of this forum, it should come up.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm almost sure that as long as it's within the time-limit, it doesn't matter what it's been previously submitted for. I think someone mentioned quoting the previous reference number. If you do a Google Advanced of this forum, it should come up.
    If you look at the medical form it clearly states...
    What if I submitted a medical certificate with my last application?
    If you are applying for residence you will need to submit a new medical certificate.
    You can certainly do it the other way around without any problems i.e. submit the residence form and then apply for an interim work visa using the same medicals but not officially the other way around.

However, there have been others on the forum who have managed it.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast