Thread: Applying for Permanent Residence Visa Overseas

Default Applying for Permanent Residence Visa Overseas

I am eligible to apply for the Permanent Residence Visa as of August 2011 having held a Resident Visa for the previous two years and fulfilled the time spent in NZ criteria.

However, at the end of June I am having to go back to the UK for an undetermined period, leaving behind my wife and children.

I have read the documentation thoroughly and as long as I apply for the Permanent Residence Visa within three months of the date in August, then it says that I can apply from outside the country.

My questions are:

a) Has anyone done this and been in a similar situation?

b) Am I missing anything?

Thanks for any help, guidance etc.

Alan

I don't think you're missing anything.

Hi ya, I may not be but should I take the families passports with me and apply in London or is there another view?

I think you need to ask INZ to be certain. I've read about the theory of this, but not done it in practice. Unless somebody steps in to enlighten???

I spoke with INZ this morning and they confirmed that I can take the families passports with me to London and apply there. Has to be within 3 months of the current expiry date.

If nothing else, more info for the masses

Thanks for that.

Hi Alan,

I am in a similar situation.

I am eligible to apply for the Permanent Residence Visa as of Dec 2011 having held a Resident Visa for the previous two years and fulfilled the time spent in NZ criteria.

However, at the end of October I am goign to US for 6-9 months.

1. I want to apply my Permanent Residence Visa from US as I dont want to travel to NZ just for Visa, but I also want to make sure that I get a Permanent Residence Visa and not a 1/2 years waiver of travel conditions.

Can you please let me know how did your experience go when applying for Permanent Residence Visa in UK ?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards
    Varun