Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase of English courses for my wife

Default Pre-purchase of English courses for my wife

We may go to the option of Pre-purchase of English courses for my wife, Information I got mentioned that the fees should be paid in full before PR is granted. Now I am nearly to submit our ITA and wonder how to prove that I will go for this option? do I have to apply to TEC direct and how I can do that?

You pay the fee to INZ.

SM5.20 Pre-purchase of ESOL tuition

Instead of meeting the minimum standard of English, non-principal applicants may pre-purchase ESOL tuition. ESOL tuition must be pre-purchased from TEC (Tertiary Education Commission) by paying the required charge to INZ (who collect this charge on behalf of TEC).
    Applicants must pay any ESOL charge due, sign the ESOL Agreement and return it to INZ within the time specified by INZ before a resident visa is granted.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30543.htm (More details on that page.)

Thanks Jan. However I am not that clear, what I understand from the following statement is to do nothing when submitting my ITA, correct me if wrong, after AIP of the application the INZ will issue that agreement. Please clarify.

SM5.20.10 Completion of Agreement

When an application for a resident visa is approved in principle, applicants will be given 2 copies of the Agreement to complete for each person in the application undertaking the English language training.

I'm sorry - I don't know, never having done this, and I agree, I can't see anything in the websites to make it clear. Maybe someone else on the forum will have done the procedure. Otherwise, if you're in a hurry to submit, contact INZ themselves to ask.

Pretty sure it must be after you get the notification you have been offered PR and before you get the passports. Logically it would be a bit harsh to make you buy a course to learn english in New Zealand and then telling you you're not allowed into the country to take the course...... Just logic there though, and nothing in that statement above would conflict with that.

Thanks Doncan and JanDM; how wonderful your support in this forum, ,much appreciated.

Hallo All,
    i have an ITA and piling the documents already.
    Been through the previous info but still not pretty sure whether i have to pay the ESOL fee before sending the documents (medicals, police etc) or after the final check by the London branch and also i haven't found a link to actually pay the ESOL fee for my wife.
    Appreciate for any help!
    George

Hello and welcome.

By what is here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i42641.htm, I gather you only have to pay for ESOL if and when you are approved for Residence. Therefore, when returning your ITA, it seems all you will need to do is say that you WILL purchase ESOL for your wife, and you will be told later on what to pay, how, and to whom.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

By what is here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i42641.htm, I gather you only have to pay for ESOL if and when you are approved for Residence. Therefore, when returning your ITA, it seems all you will need to do is say that you WILL purchase ESOL for your wife, and you will be told later on what to pay, how, and to whom.
    I am in the same situation, i am near to submit my ITA and need to know if i should pay the ESOL tuition fees now or wait until the approve the PR. They didn't mention anything for this point. Any suggestions?

The only answer I can give is in the post you quoted. In the ITA, tell them you will pay for ESOL. If you succeed in getting Residence, they will tell you, at the right time, who to pay the fee to, and how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast