Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business hrs?

Default Business hrs?

Maybe a strange question but if someone works in an office M-Fri what are the normal business hours?
    And are most school hours 9a-3p?

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Maybe a strange question but if someone works in an office M-Fri what are the normal business hours?
    ~ 09.00 - 17.00 extended by the length of the unpaid breaks your having in this time

Think so - from what I heard.

Not sure about school hours, uni students timing depends on subjects (some classes start as early as 8/8:30am). I see some school kids getting off the bus (Auckland) around 8:30am.

I do 8 hrs a day (9-5) with 1hr lunch in between & know of some team members who start from 7:30am and leave early.

I generally get into the office at 8:30 and head off a little before 6pm with about 30 mins for lunch and 30 minutes in the day for ENZ etc!

Sometimes work later, sometimes head off earlier and every now and again take work home but generally those are the hours most people in the team work.

Thanks in advance..
    Our school is 9:00-3:00, but there are several other local schools which are 8:30-2:20/2:30 (could be a rural thing). When living closer to the city it was 8:45 - 2:45. So there is no 'set' time.

Can't answer for office hours.

From my limited experience (OH and friends) the office hours tend to be a little longer than 9-5, ie. 8:30-5, 8-4:30 or even 8-5.

What kind of business are you thinking of, Hagabel?

Depends. In Tauranga then the office is pretty full by 8. I tend to get in around 7:30 depending on how long I'm at the gym. People then leave from 4 although typically 5.00, and it's normally pretty empty by 5:30 most nights (there are exceptions) . Auckland office, then it's the other way. Fills from 8:30-9:30 and there are a few in the office at 6:30. Fridays tend to be P.O.E.T.S day, so more head off at 4.

But it depends on the work. Tuesday I was in from 7:00am until 10:15 pm. It happens. That was the same as the UK.

My DS's school day is 8.50am - 2.50pm. However, kids can be left in the school grounds from approx. 8.00am but most kids get dropped off between 8.30am (when the bell allowing them into the classrooms goes) and 8.50am (the official start of the school day).

Other schools in the immediate area are everso slightly different and as far as I know this is to avoid all three schools finishing at the same time. Pretty important given that the largest secondary school in the country (Rangitoto college) is one of them and there are a few thousand kids there! It would be even more chaotic if everyone was trying to go home at the same time, plus it means the school buses can get around them all without anyone having to wait too long.

HTH
    Anneliese

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    ~ 09.00 - 17.00 extended by the length of the unpaid breaks your having in this time

Think so - from what I heard.

I think generally normal hours in NZ are longer. Pretty much 8 - 5 at our place. Some start and finish earlier, but the office is practically full by 8, and that includes all depts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast