Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Wine!!!

Default Rose Wine!!!

Following the loose leaf tea thread.............where the hell is the pink wine in this place? There's only about 3 bottles in New World, the bottle shop on the corner has NONE and the local liquor land has the grand choice of one! Helllllllp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I was going to say, have a look at Wines Online, but I see they only have one which obviously isn't much help.

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    Following the loose leaf tea thread.............where the hell is the pink wine in this place? There's only about 3 bottles in New World, the bottle shop on the corner has NONE and the local liquor land has the grand choice of one! Helllllllp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    Take your car onto SH1 and come southwards; here in town the large supermarkets have apparently a bigger variety on Rose wines.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Take your car onto SH1 and come southwards; here in town the large supermarkets have apparently a bigger variety on Rose wines.
    Or you can come a little further north and pick up a few bottles of Mateus Rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by lin View Post
    Or you can come a little further north and pick up a few bottles of Mateus Rose!!
    I'm in Chch so I think for a bottle of Mateus, I might pass! I am in shock that there isn't the choice of pink here. There were quite a few Marlborough and NZ Rose wines in the UK!

If you google rose wine in new zealand, you'll get a good few results for individual vineyards producing rose - perhaps some of those are close enough to you to pop along for a tasting as well? Otherwise, you can order online from most of them - though I'm guessing some of it might be more $ than your avergae plonk - but maybe that's not an issue.

Anyway, happy hunting!

Try VineOnline too for wine deliveries.

I'm sure I've seen several in Countdown.

Quote Originally Posted by whakapapa View Post
    I'm in Chch so I think for a bottle of Mateus, I might pass! I am in shock that there isn't the choice of pink here. There were quite a few Marlborough and NZ Rose wines in the UK!

I'm in Marlborough so thought it a wee bit funny to see the Mateus amid the Marlborough Rose wines. Countdown and New World both stock Rose wines up here, though not sure how big a selection there is.

Have you tried Grabonebottle.co.nz as a starter?
    If your on Facebook they 'like' other places that produce wine so a good starting point

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast