Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emigration Expo - VIP ticket is it worth it?

Default Emigration Expo - VIP ticket is it worth it?

Hi,

Has anyone ever paid for a 'VIP' pass at an emigration expo? my fiance and I want to move from England to NZ but are not sure of the best visa route so we want to get some professional advice.

To get a consultation with an immigration agency is around £95 but the VIP expo tickets include access to the expo, access to immigration advisers and a assessment and report on your eligibillity is £80.

The expo we are looking at in paricular is this one: http://www.expo-newzealand.com/purchase.aspx?expoid=51

Any advice much appreciated

Just my personal opinion here but me and hubby went to this in March in London. It was terrible - complete waste of money very few stands and the whole thing was a tad slimy.

You can learn a lot more from this forum and the immigration website.

I see you've asked for help on your other thread. It's a LOT cheaper than using an adviser.

NZIS website has the self assessment / quick calculator for Skilled Migrant points, and also info on the other options.

We went to teh manchester version and aside from deciding we'd not let PSS anywhere near our house/belongings due to the rudeness of the salesman then we got 4 decent pens and that was it. I could have had a job offer, but I'd already got a signed contract and so that wasn't of interest and in fairness unless you were in healthcare or wanted to work for NZ Transport Agency then you were out of luch on jobs.
    They pointedly refused to publish a list of exhibitors in the week before the event or even after I'd bought tickets. To me this spoke volumes, as if there's a big list of fascinating and relevant exhibitors, then surely you'd publish that to attract attendees?

We went in March last year, only because a prospective employer asked us to meet them there. We met with the employer then went to the expo for 15 minutes. I absolutely wouldn't make the effort to go for any other reason.

I can't see why you would need an immigration agent. We put our EOI in at the end of January, took me 3 hours to fill it in (and five kids in the room with me at the time). Any problems or queries I used a cheap phone service to call Immigration in NZ (London is a tariff number). Immigration are really easy to talk to and helpful. We have a child with Asperger's so we had a medical referral, and even with that we got our Approval in Principal last week.

It was really a simple process, although it got very stressful from time to time, and in those times the forum was a great help.

Me and my wife went to the same expo in london this year. It was a complete waste of time. The majority of the stands are about Australia and you get nothing more than you could find doing an hours research on the internet. We were also given information by one of the healthcare stands which we knew to be factually incorrect.

My opinion - save your time and money and do your research online and then ask any questions here

Jundan,

Like others from here, we went to a London one, don't bother. Here will suffice.

i thought it was worth going when we went in oct 2008 and found that even the things you dont find out speak volumes! i enjoyed the whole thing tbh but it didnt help us move in anyway

We visited Oct'09 fair and didn't find it worth, just casual walk in & out!!
    On retrospect, we spent more time standing in the queue than inside the hall. Unless your case is complicated, I'd not bother to walk through agencies. Read some threads on this forum, use search function above and then decide if you would need professional help

All the best!

Thanks everyone, it is quite a way from where we live so will prob give it a miss in that case! Hopefully the advice on my other threads will cover what we need to know for now.

much appreciated, you've saved me £80 already!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast