Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stressing out...

Default Stressing out...

Moving in 8 weeks or so..booking flights this week..I am feeling a little overwhelmed..is this normal??
    Good note we have PR and jobs, on other side have to book flights for 4 people, 1 dog, book shippers for dog and belongings, and I think that is it..aaarghhhh.
    off to finish glass of wine..hic.

Hi Hagabel - good for you guys! Just think how stressed you would be feeling if you didn't have jobs, didn't have PR etc.... So even though this is a crazy time - enjoy it 'cos its so freakin' exciting!!!! Wine does help though

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefamily View Post
    Hi Hagabel - good for you guys! Just think how stressed you would be feeling if you didn't have jobs, didn't have PR etc.... So even though this is a crazy time - enjoy it 'cos its so freakin' exciting!!!! Wine does help though

LOL, I will keep telling my self that!!!

Would be very worrying / wrong if you didn't consider that oyu were slightly stressed when selling most of your assets, putting the rest in a tin box for 2-3 months, saying goodbye to everyone you've know and moving to the opposite side of the world to start a new job, in a new house, build a new set of friends from scratch in a place with a different culture.

Sorry if that didn't help ;-)

But seriously, embrace the stress, we've all been thorough that and can empathise, if not 100% tell you that it will all be OK. There's going to be hicups, but that's part of it. In some ways TV and air travel minimise the reality of what emmigration is all about at an individual level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Moving in 8 weeks or so..booking flights this week..I am feeling a little overwhelmed..is this normal??
    We're at about 6 weeks and counting and yes it is a bit stressy.
    We've got shipping and visas sorted. Flights and 2 weeks acommodation in Auckland booked by OH's new employer so that side is covered.
    Just need to get the house ready to rent before we leave and that is on plan for mid July.
    Everything is on a list and over the last week more has been ticked off than added which is a definite first
    I even remembered to order the message from the queen for parents' 60th wedding anniversary.

Ah beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems

Simon

I was exactly in same situation last year, just pray that volcanoes keep their calm ! Enjoy the feeling of farewell!!

Default Stress

Ah stress, was wondering why I can't sleep, am mean and cranky, having chest pains, constantly writing lists, eating chocolate, crying, laughing hysterically.....

Flights booked for my husband, me and five kids, don't think about the dog, we can't take her, and it just makes me cry a lot.

Nice to know people actually recover when they get to the other side of this!

I'm right there with you, 7 weeks till we go packers come on the 19th July and I'm sure that we are nowhere ready for any of it!

I am definitely more stressed and irritible and my wife and I have started bickering which we never normally do. I'm literally counting the days.

We were exactly the same. The terror started to sink in. As each think got done it helped a little but we were very scarecited..my son's phrase, scared and excited! It is normal and I think everyone knows how it feels. It is lovely to finally reach the airport.....you feel as if you can start to enjoy the journey at that point...more exciting by then....

I'm there with you, except 4 1/2 weeks to go, no visas, no flights, cars to get ris of, packers to finalise.

After 3. 1. 2. 3.screeaaaaam.

And drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast