Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me answer that question. How do people decide to leave their home? How do they select a destination? That's the topic of my PhD thesis, and I'm looking for people who are willing to be interviewed.

I'm talking to either pre-departure or already arrived migrants from: South Africa, UK, Ireland and India.

I will be doing phone interviews with people who are not yet in New Zealand (or people who are outside of the Wellington region).

The really good news is that I can compensate you for your time! I have either Amazon.com or New World vouchers.

This type of interview is a conversation, where you can talk about your opinions and experiences. You will be asked open-ended questions about your background, your reasons for moving to New Zealand and your impressions of New Zealand. An example of a question is “What countries did you consider moving to and why?”

Confidentiality: The names and identifying details of participants are kept confidential and are not shared with any government agencies, used in any thesis, academic papers or presentations resulting from this research.

The project has ethical approval from Victoria University of Wellington. You can check out the project website at:

http://cacr.victoria.ac.nz/projects/...ecision-making

If you are interested in learning more you can PM me or email aidan.tabor@vuw.ac.nz

Also, some of you will remember that I also recruited here for participants in a study a couple of years ago for my master's thesis? Well, the thesis was a success (any finished thesis is a good thesis), and the paper I wrote from it has just been accepted for publication in an academic journal! So I wanted to say thank you again to all who participated, supported and encouraged me. If anyone is interested in reading the paper, I can send it along to you (see contact details above).

Again thank you for your help,

Aidan

(aka tigerlily)