Thread: Qualifications : Vendor Certifications

Default Qualifications : Vendor Certifications

Dear all,
    I have vendor qualification certifications such as CCNA and CCNP other than a BSc (Hons). There are no any additional points for these type of vendor qualifications. But in ANZSCO web site I found this,
    "
    UNIT GROUP 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
    "

Is there any advantage if I submit my these certifications for IQA or ITA along with the other documents ?

Quote Originally Posted by yohanken View Post
    Dear all,
    I have vendor qualification certifications such as CCNA and CCNP other than a BSc (Hons). There are no any additional points for these type of vendor qualifications. But in ANZSCO web site I found this,
    "
    UNIT GROUP 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
    "

Is there any advantage if I submit my these certifications for IQA or ITA along with the other documents ?
    Hi Mate

I'm just like you ,I've got CCDA , CCNA , CCNP and MCSE plus ACSE and CISSP . in addition a Bsc in Computer Science . I sent all of docuemts (certified copies) with my ITA and then my CO asked me for original documents including all of these certifications . I believe that is so effective and shows your qualifications in addition to your work experience .
    while they can easily verify these certifications online and no need to spend too much time for CO.

my recommendation is to send all of your certifications and give one line description on your CV per each.

wish you all the best

I am sorry to say that INZ or NZQA only bother about formal academic qualification like bachelor degree (Level 7) in Computer Science; they don't care about vendor certificate.
    Vendor certificate only useful for Job.

I'm not sure either for NZQA , there should be different 3rd party companies that INZ use to verify your declared job with your experience and academic education via them.
    Like ACS (Australian computer society) for DIAC in Australia immigration process. They even share your CV with high skilled job advisers to check whether there is a problem between your qualification and job title.

And don't forget that in ICT major there are plenty of universities and institutes which accept some of these certificates + work experience as prerequisite to take MSc and PHD courses .

I know that there is nothing in Operation Manual except academic certificates so for sure without any certificates you may be 100% ok. it's mostly happen with high skilled ICT guys.

Thanks a lot for your replies.