Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand The Facts booklet

Question New Zealand The Facts booklet

In the Skilled Migrant - Application for Residence - form NZIS 1104 on the section titled Declaration, within Financial Resources it states:

"I have read and understood the information provided by INZ regarding the cost of living in New Zealand, found in Section 3 and section 5 of the booklet, New Zealand The Facts (which can be downloaded from the INZ website or obtained from any INZ branch)....."

I have not been sent this booklet, I can find nowhere on the internet to download it, there is no mention of it on the INZ web site and no mention of this when I searched on the forums here! Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Good question! I can't find any sign of it anywhere either. How recently did you obtain your EOI form? I wonder if this booklet is something there used to be before the new Immigration Act came in, last November.

Hi
    It is not the EOI but part of the declaration that has to be signed when completing the skilled migrant application for residence, the final form, under the financial resources section. The form was sent to us from NZ Immigration in April of this year.
    Thanks

In that case, it sounds as though it should be right up to date. You'll have to query this with INZ.

I think I saw it in the Settlement section on the INZ website. There are a series of booklets/topics there?

I have hunted high and low on INZ site but cannot find this booklet!! And yet I presume everyone completing their application form is signing to say they've read it. Does no-one know the whereabouts of this booklet?!!

I'm sure that this reference was in my pack, and this question came up a couplle of years back too. When I finally tracked down a copy then there was nothing in there better than the calculator on here. If you're a proces monkey like me, then follow up with your CO, if not then just ignore, you'll have a better idea of costs of living from here.

Could it be the pdfs on this page they're referring to? I'm a bit out of touch with this sort of thing but I recall finding this useful:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...rt/settlingin/

ETA: thought it might be useful to add that page has a "guide for newcomers" and "living guide" with loads of info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Could it be the pdfs on this page they're referring to? I'm a bit out of touch with this sort of thing but I recall finding this useful:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...rt/settlingin/

ETA: thought it might be useful to add that page has a "guide for newcomers" and "living guide" with loads of info.
    I would think so too. We discussed it the other day; see http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....12556#poststop
    Though when I recall correctly the equivalent to the 'living guide' was sent after approval of residence not with the application for it.

Am awaiting reply from INZ about the whereabouts of this mysterious booklet will update when they let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast