Thread: hifx and CO offline

Default hifx and CO offline

I've been monitoring currency online website , thinking of taking advantage of NZD strength. But both sites appear to be offline. Can anyone else confirm this?

Not a huge issue for me as I have no urgent need today. It is concerning if others are in process of transacting though.

Comments and clarification welcome if anyone has info to add.

Thx

Just had email reply. Good that they are responsive and appear to be taking problems seriously. Guess there are a few people sweating.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to our website been shut, as our server has had a major IT issue.
    Our IT team are working on the issue and at this stage we have no ETA.
    We endeavour to resume our Online services ASAP.
    In the mean time please feel free to give us a call if you need a quote or want to conduct a trade as our dealing desk is open 24/7.

You can try xe.com

If you just want to monitor exchnage rates use google (http://www.google.co.nz/search?sclie...aql=&oq=&pbx=1) or google finance (http://www.google.com/finance?q=GBPNZD)

Cheers

Does make me worry that 'Major It worry' is code for 'has been hacked'. I'm normally pretty careful to use cc only online, but obviously with the nature of the HIFX transfers that's not been the case. The one silver lining is that HSBC has blocked every single transfer and I've needed to call them to authorise them, so murphy's law says that they will allow any scammers to clear out the account no questions asked....

My guess is that it was a typical upgrade fail with no redundancy or downgrade path. They were back up later in the day. I have good confidence in their account security: they only hold your cash for as long as it takes to clear unless you specifically request it stay on account. Also that transfers can only occur from/to authorised accounts and you control payments to them.