Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI Acceptance Trends - Worried?

Default EOI Acceptance Trends - Worried?

I’m checking the official government NZ Immigration website, and it seems the EOIs being accepted of late all have job offers, 140 points, or 6+ yrs experience (10 points) in a skill shortage area. Since I’m not sure how one can mathematically get to 140 points without a job offer, I’m concluding the folks getting in via the skilled migration program all have jobs or 6+ yrs experience in a skill shortage area. Not since May have EOIs without job offers or less than 6 yrs experience been accepted. Anyone else worried? Not sure how difficult it is for a nurse in the States with 2 yrs experience to secure a job offer in New Zealand.

They always tend to go for high levels of qualification, experience, and presence on the skills list earlier in the year. There are fluctuations, according to how many of what category are available at that fortnightly selection, but in general, as we go through the year, the door opens a bit wider.

I presume that if I've just submitted an EOI, I won't here anything (even if over 140pts) till the next round of selection, which is next Wednesday, July 13th?

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    I presume that if I've just submitted an EOI, I won't here anything (even if over 140pts) till the next round of selection, which is next Wednesday, July 13th?
    That is correct. They only draw every two weeks. And after that you probably wont get an email or anything(at least i didn't), but if you check the status from INZ website, then you will see if you were selected and whatever else.

ScottNZ,
    " Since I’m not sure how one can mathematically get to 140 points without a job offer, I’m concluding the folks getting in via the skilled migration program all have jobs or 6+ yrs experience in a skill shortage area."

Are you factoring in spouses can combine points? 2 people on LTSSL list wouldn't need offers...

You say you have 2 years experience, Can you still get working holiday visa(under 30, never had one) and apply for jobs off this? The getting the points for EOI?

My wife and I came in on working holiday visas, we both found employment. She actually got hired 2 days before our flight down. She works in a LTSSL field. We had over 160 points not even considering my employment.

The trend seems to continue, even in the current selection from pool( July 13th) they pickep up EOI's with 140 plus points or with a job offer.
    hxxp://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz/SkilledMigrant/ExpressionOfInterest/LatestUpdates.htm

They're always going to be taking the best qualified people first. They'll have a number they're ready to select for any particular fortnight, and they work down the list of those in the pool in order of qualification till the spaces are taken. But as I said above, experience shows that there's usually more chance later in the year.

I think this happens due to the recent changes in Australian migration program. So the situation in NZ may be worst in future. (I mean it is difficult to select from EOI stage and get PR in NZ due to the high demand)

EOI Selectionn in 13 July 2011 –

above 140 points. - 606
    with a job or job offer - 158
    TOTAL SELECTION - 764

I was surprised at the number of people selected this round. Quite a bit more than other months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast