Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased Baggage with Emirates

Default Increased Baggage with Emirates

HI,

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's probably worth highlighting properly.

At the moment - if you open a migrant banking package with ANZ whilst in your country of origin, you can be upgraded to 50kg baggage allowance with Emirates when you book one way flights. Unless you're booking first class anyway, in which case you won't need it you lucky things.

You need to send them a copy of your passport showing your visa after booking, and they will upgrade the allowance. This doesn't apply to infant allowances, but it does to all adults and children on the flight.

Chris.

That's cool we got extra when we came 4 years ago but was only 40kg then

nice!

Does anyone know if the same baggage issue true for Air New Zealand or other airlines? I read through posts on this already but they looked to be a few years old so not sure if the info has changed. Also, is ANZ a specific bank in NZ?

No, no extrra baggage with AirNZ, but the additional bag fees are very cheap - way cheaper than sending things with a freight company.

I will stress again, when deciding on who to fly with don't go for the cheapest fare and then work out the baggage. Work out what you need in total, then see how much that will be with each airline. Harder to do, but well worth it IMHO. Also, consider the changes needed and houw you'll move all the bags around an airport, and any connecting flights - can you check the baggage all the way through?

I'm just going to bring my bathing suit, some flip flops and a couple of business suits anyways. Some books (the heaviest no doubt). Laptop, iphone. No furniture. No baggage, literally and figuratively! Getting jazzed...

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    I'm just going to bring my bathing suit, some flip flops and a couple of business suits anyways. Some books (the heaviest no doubt). Laptop, iphone. No furniture. No baggage, literally and figuratively! Getting jazzed...
    What are these flip flops you mention

Ian

Flip flops = sandals... I plan on travelling really light. Trying to pick out my favorite books is going to be really tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Flip flops = sandals... I plan on travelling really light. Trying to pick out my favorite books is going to be really tough!
    Nope, flip flops = jandals in NZ

Ian

lol....jandals. I got it! Thanks.
    Is there an actual Kiwi dictionary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast