Thread: Failed Lodgements???

Default Failed Lodgements???

Hi All,

Status updated online today showing the work and resident visa applications - good news!

However, the Residence visa shows 'pending', and the work visa shows 'failed lodgements'.

Does anyone know what 'failed lodgements' means from INZ?

Chris

Is it that they want to see if we could get the residency visa through in our time-frame before taking the fees for the temp visa applications do you think?

So rather than process the temp visa applications and take the fee unecessarily, they're looking at the residency one first? We only submitted them all together on the London branches advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gorstsmit View Post
    Hi All,

Status updated online today showing the work and resident visa applications - good news!

However, the Residence visa shows 'pending', and the work visa shows 'failed lodgements'.

Does anyone know what 'failed lodgements' means from INZ?

Chris
    Right - so they received the apps yesterday and rung Mrs G just now to say they had everything for the residence visa app, but apparently for work visa apps if you have dependant children - you have to complete visa applications for them as well! I did not know that!

I didn't see anything on a check list saying you must submit seperate visa applications for children accompanying work visa applicants -but that's why the work visa application had failed to be lodged.

As it is, they just said send them in, we don;t need to send anything else as they have everything and they would get straight on it as they were aware of the time scales we're working to. Not sure if the guy we spoke to was our case officer, or just a paperwork checker.

However, even though we have to submit some extra stuff, at least they're on the case/s!

Glad you got that one cleared up.

Indeed. They're sending out a letter detailing what's required, but as far as I can make out - we'll need to submit visitor visa applications for each of the kids who are 4 and 1, along with the £70 fees for each application! Nice.

It's an odd one, as it's not even on the check list at the back of the work visa application. Generally, easily viewable guidance just states that you can bring the kids with you on an essential skills work visa as long as you satisfy the minimum income requirement of $33675PA. It doesn't say they have to have visitor visa applications submitted with your work visa app at all which is a bit frustrating. I just figured then that as when visiting NZ you don't have to apply ahead for your visitor visa (you just get it stamped at customs on the way in), that is what would happen when you turned up with your work visa stamped. Bit frustrating really.

I guess if by some miracle we get the residecy through in record time, it won't matter, but it's another unexpected £140 we could have done without forking out. However, I did manage to negotiate $100pw off the temporary bach we're renting for 6 weeks on arrival, so I guess that wil cover it.

Sorry, but I don't know how you missed this - it's here, look. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...y/howdoiapply/

Your partner and/or children
    Your partner or dependent children cannot be included in your application. They will need to apply for their own visitor, student or work visa to come to New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know how you missed this - it's here, look. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...y/howdoiapply/
    Ah. Right then. Don't tell Mrs G!

Should still be fine - they're expecting the extra bits in now and aren't sending the other apps back to us, they're just going to tag the kids forms on to the one they've got on Monday when they get them.

Quote Originally Posted by gorstsmit View Post
    Ah. Right then. Don't tell Mrs G!

Should still be fine - they're expecting the extra bits in now and aren't sending the other apps back to us, they're just going to tag the kids forms on to the one they've got on Monday when they get them.
    So, naturally, they did send everything back to us - apart from the the residency application and the original documents we sent.

Now re-submitted with a visitor visa application for our 1 yr old, and a student visa application for our 4 yr old (apparently in readiness for her starting primary school in Feb).

Didn't need to gather much extra info thankfully - mostly stuff we had lying round.

don't know whether they wanted all the copies the sent back returning as they've still got all the originals, but just in case, it's all been re-packaged completely anyway - I don't want these things back again with 3 weeks to go till we fly out!

Fingers crossed please everyone - we need those work visas back in record time!

Toes and fingers crossed you hear from them soon!

Oh, somebody "out there" thought you were sitting too comfortably, so you needed something to keep you on edge!

Best of luck. ++++++++++++++