Thread: PSS International Removals (Shipping)

Default PSS International Removals (Shipping)

Im about to hand over a deposit....anyone had experience with them?

I heard the name before in one of the threads, you may wish to search for "PSS" while someone replies back.

No, sorry. We didn't even get PSS to quote as we met one of their salesmen at one one the emmigration fairs and he was so rude and obnoxious we scrapped them from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    No, sorry. We didn't even get PSS to quote as we met one of their salesmen at one one the emmigration fairs and he was so rude and obnoxious we scrapped them from the list.
    We did get PSS to quote and must have got the same salesman or they all have training in being rude and obnoxious so they were out of the reckoning before we got the quote.
    There is a poll thread http://www.enz.org/forum/poll.php?do...lts&pollid=212 and PSS were fairly well rated which is why we went for a quote.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by doreysc View Post
    We did get PSS to quote and must have got the same salesman or they all have training in being rude and obnoxious so they were out of the reckoning before we got the quote.

Simon
    Was the Manchester Expo so seems more than likely it was the same person, so in fairness to PSS then this could have been a single person not representative of the rest of the company who may not even still be with PSS for all I (we?) know.

We used PSS. They were proactive and very very helpful, so I am sorry that a salesperson has put you off.

We first met them at a Leeds expo and they kept in touch, arranged a visit once our visa was through, even before we knew our move day to give us an estimate. They were great on advice for what we could take (in their words, everything!)

They asked if they could bring forward the pack by a day which was OK with us. Two men did our pack of 40' container (inc car) helping with advice and telling us if stuff needed more cleaning. The container was late, and so, for speed, my OH helped pack the container. He was glad to be able to do something!!!

Their quote was clear about us having MAF charges at this end, and the amount charged was in line with their quote for the boxes opened. We brought an awful lot of outdoor stuff with us so expected to have a major inspection.

We had one broken mug (the last one packed). However I would also add that some of our breakables have been thrown around by the earthquake and for those boxes we have unpacked (we didn't check everything on arrival due to how well everything came out) since nothing has been broken so I really rate the packing!

Hope this helps...and I hope they have gotten rid of that salesman...he sounds like a liability!!!!

We had them out for a quote based on the poll results here - the guy was helpful and pleasant enough, but we've gone with Crown just because the quote was similar, they are the same company end to end and they came with a recommendation from a friend who moved out there 18 months ago.

We used Crown. We had problems at the UK end, but NZ were beyond exceptional. Would use them for any more moves in NZ.