Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Residency under Skilled Migrant - other parties?

Exclamation Residency under Skilled Migrant - other parties?

Hi guys,

I have applied to residency under skilled migrant category last November 2010

With 160 point for my EOI I got selected automatically and assigned an officer, I got all the required documents submitted and was waiting ever since.

I have been waiting too long and three months ago, my CO told me that they are waiting for some information from "external source" "third party" and they cannot control the processing times for the other parties. When I asked who or what is the other parties, she said that they are unable to disclose information related to other parties.

I am from Egypt, and I am not sure if this has to do anything with it, but I thought maybe this is kinda of a intelligent agencies "background check" or something.

Has anybody been through something like this?? do you know any information about what this might be ?? Should I see a lawyer or something ?

Because my residency application is taking so long, I had to apply for another work visa, I got a 2 years multi entry work visa done in exactly 10 working days with no problems what so ever.

I don't know what's wrong, who is the other party and why is this other party taking so much time getting back to Immigration New Zealand.

A friend just told me it's part of the verification process, which is all good, I don't need to worry about verification at all but would just appreciate it if it's done a bit faster.

Any ideas ?

Hello and welcome.

Just about everybody who applies to INZ suffers some kind of wait. You're in the hands of a huge bureaucracy, and they do things their way, in their time, not for our convenience. That's just the way it is, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Just about everybody who applies to INZ suffers some kind of wait. You're in the hands of a huge bureaucracy, and they do things their way, in their time, not for our convenience. That's just the way it is, I'm afraid.
    Thanks JandM, I though 9 months is too long, but it seems there is more to come well there is nothing I can do but wait.

That's right. Look at the timelines of some other forumites, in their signatures, and you'll see it's not just you.

Sweet, will do

If they're checking stuff from Egypt you know how slow things are here. I don't think you need a lawyer, we are using an immigration adviser and we've been waiting for ages.

I don't think anything is wrong with your application, I think the delay is because INZ has to wait for feedback from Egypt.

Well, my graduation certificate and transcript are from the USA (for my second Bachelor degree), and even though I have another Bachelor degree from Egypt and some experience there, I haven't claimed any points for them as I had more than enough anyway and I didn't want them to take more time verifying documents from Egypt.

Good luck with your application Hesham

Quote Originally Posted by MenaBassily View Post
    Well, my graduation certificate and transcript are from the USA (for my second Bachelor degree), and even though I have another Bachelor degree from Egypt and some experience there, I haven't claimed any points for them as I had more than enough anyway and I didn't want them to take more time verifying documents from Egypt.

Good luck with your application Hesham
    Thanks Mena.

Hopefully you'll hear from them soon. Maybe they're just verifying police checks or something from here. Things are a bit chaotic here at the moment as you probably know.

Best of luck to you too

Hi mate

I've got same message from my CO , verification with 3rd party !! I'm from Iran and my friends in NZ told me that is for background check from criminal to political and military ..
    these 3rd party companies should inspect your travel background and If you stay at US that would be the point of failure .. it takes months to get a result from FBI regarding your background . same as other visas with US .

please update us if you got any update ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast