Thread: Clarification on processing times ( Henderson & AKL NZIS offices)

Default Clarification on processing times ( Henderson & AKL NZIS offices)

Hi Everyone,

I’m based in Auckland (Currently on work permit) and about to embark on my SMC visa journey. Would greatly appreciate if someone could clarify the following points for me.

1) Once the EOI is selected how long does it takes prior to been issued an ITA.
    2) Upon submission of the application , what is the wait time in queue awaiting allocation to a case officer ? ( Given that my application will be assessed by either Auckland or Henderson NZIS offices)
    3) Provided that there aren’t any complications with the application – How long does it normally take a CO to make the discission

(Does anyone have an idea concerning service levels that NZIS abide by ?. Or may be experience dealing with mentioned offices )

Any information concerning the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!.

Best Regards,

We got our pr through the CBD branch within 3 months after applying. Our case was very straightforward, but this was 4 years ago so it might be different now.

If you have a job in skill shortage areas, it might take less than 5 months.

I have been through this 2 years ago - was applying for residence for me and partner and we were already holding 2 year working permits for 5 months.

Got picked up from pool on next selection. Then waited 6 weeks to get invitation letter. got me 3 months to get all paperwork done (I had to get criminal record from UK and letters from my previous employers). Then 6 months waiting without any update (I've been calling immigration each 3 weeks hoping they will get upset and speed up the process but that obviously doesn't help at all

Then I've got call regarding medical of my partner and we had to do another blood test (little lower count of blood cells). That took another 2 months. Then another call regarding that one of the letter from employer wasn't on headed paper! Another month and half

I believe if you apply and have all the papers ready and submit them after invitation its doable in 5 months (+4-6 weeks waiting for the invitation not sure how long it takes now). And I also think that that the process can be faster if you go through employer (heard about someone who get through in 1 month for residence application).

Good luck and patience!

Thank you Guys for all the clarifications..My Job is in the management field, Thus I'm going through a Immigration consultant, Hopefully have all the areas covered. But have no idea what might pop up in middle of the process.

Just wanted to get a basic understanding of time lines involved, so that I could arrange my other plans around the same.

Thank you once again :-)