Thread: Thunder and Lightning

Default Thunder and Lightning

Hope everyones OK after last nights thunder and lightning. Power has been out most of the night here and once again my garden furniture is at the bottom of the garden I assume, still dark so cannot see exactly where lol.
    My thanks goes out to the guys who get the power back on as it must be difficult getting it back on in these conditions, Seems to have calmed down for now anyway.Be interesting to know how others have fared.
    This is a great site for checking your weather in more detail
    http://weatherwatch.co.nz/
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 12th July 2011 at 07:13 AM.

did not here any of it and i am only a few K's from you

I was awake half the night as there was almost continous thunder at one point, but it seems the rest of the family managed to sleep through it this time.....good job because we've had far to many disturbed nights sleep with scared children in the last week or so.

We just seem to have lots of rain. Wouldn't mind the thunder and lightning for a bit of entertainment (and only while I was inside at home and not at work as I am now).

well the reason we were up and could not sleep is because the alarm beeps when the power goes off and even when you silence the beep it comes on again after half an hour otherwise we may have slept through it but doubtful as it seemed very close to us. i went to a retirement home in birkenhead and apparently they had a terrible night with over half of the residents up and unable to sleep so good for those who were able to sleep through it.I must admit it was very spectacular
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 12th July 2011 at 05:34 PM.

If it's any consolation I woke up at midnight and 4am, but I have a very annoying kitten who demanded to be fed. And with the heavy rain on our roof that meant no sleep either, so at 4.45am I got up to go to the early morning swim squad.

It's still raining so I will be hunting out the ear plugs, leaving the kitten lots of food and closing the bedroom door.

I wish we could have these spectacular storms on a Friday night when we can stay up and enjoy them withough stuggling to get the kids to school the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    I wish we could have these spectacular storms on a Friday night when we can stay up and enjoy them withough stuggling to get the kids to school the next morning.
    I shall ask god to order the next one for Friday night Just for you Iona

we found that the hail stones had left a load of little holes in our conservatory roof. We are renting - thank god

Send it down here, we spent 3 weeks in UK hoping for a storm as we love a Good one but alas not to be