Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we come!

Talking Here we come!

This time tomorrow we will be "relaxing" on an Air NZ plane headed for Aukland! Yay!

Woohoo, how brilliant. Have a great flight and I hope you settle in really quickly. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by mthldy View Post
    This time tomorrow we will be "relaxing" on an Air NZ plane headed for Aukland! Yay!
    AKL - I thought you are coming here!

However, have fun, relax and enjoy!

Safe journey and happy landings.

safe journey
    and best of luck xx

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    AKL - I thought you are coming here!

However, have fun, relax and enjoy!
    We are headed to Dunedin. Our first touchdown in NZ is Auckland (oops on the misspelling in my first post) and then straight off again to Dunedin.

We made it! Missed two flights, spent 23 hours in LAX but we made it!!! Yay! I am so happy to be in Dunedin.

Yeah! Having just done the trip, I'm wondering if you'd recommend splitting the trip into two. I'm coming from westcoast of Canada. I could fly to LAX or Hawaii (both about 5.5 hours) and stay over night or two nights, and then do the last leg (about 10 hours?). Just wondering if its worth the extra $500-700 dollars? I've had some say to take advantage of the flight over and do a stop over somewhere...some have suggested Fiji even. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mthldy View Post
    We made it! Missed two flights, spent 23 hours in LAX but we made it!!! Yay! I am so happy to be in Dunedin.
    Welcome again here!

And what a splendid day

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Yeah! Having just done the trip, I'm wondering if you'd recommend splitting the trip into two. I'm coming from westcoast of Canada. I could fly to LAX or Hawaii (both about 5.5 hours) and stay over night or two nights, and then do the last leg (about 10 hours?). Just wondering if its worth the extra $500-700 dollars? I've had some say to take advantage of the flight over and do a stop over somewhere...some have suggested Fiji even. Thoughts?
    In the olden days, there were no LAX > AKL non-stops. We always had to stop in Fiji or Tahiti. IMHO, the non-stops are SO much easier - that is unless you want to spend at least three days in either place. LAX > AKL is 11-12 hours, depending on head winds, etc. If you break the trip, I'd do it in L.A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast