Thread: Dunedin accommodation??

Default Dunedin accommodation??

Hi all,
    We're finally making the move on 4 September, arriving in Christchurch and really cannot wait.
    We thought we'd ease ourselves in gently by watching England in the RWC on 10 September in Dunedin but have just looked for accommodation only to find that there is nothing, literally nothing available for 9/10 September. Wow ... it looks like we'll be re-using the cardboard boxes our stuff will be arriving in for a couple of nights!
    Does anyone have any inside knowledge of secret hideaways or nooks or crannies that we might be able to explore because we're a bit stuck!

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by daviesmw View Post
    Hi all,
    We're finally making the move on 4 September, arriving in Christchurch and really cannot wait.
    We thought we'd ease ourselves in gently by watching England in the RWC on 10 September in Dunedin but have just looked for accommodation only to find that there is nothing, literally nothing available for 9/10 September. Wow ... it looks like we'll be re-using the cardboard boxes our stuff will be arriving in for a couple of nights!
    Does anyone have any inside knowledge of secret hideaways or nooks or crannies that we might be able to explore because we're a bit stuck!

Thanks all.
    Exactly what type of accommodation are you looking for? Holiday houses in Dunedin e.g. can be found here: http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/Browse/Availability.aspx?navigation=search&location=192&n ext=1&curDate=04-Sep-11
    Change the date and you will find that there is still some available from 4 September on. Alternatively you have to stay a little bit further distant, like Oamaru or Balclutha ...

We had real trouble getting accomodation for the England games but found it in the end through the Dunedin visitor centre who then made the booking for us - give them a try.

I-SITE Dunedin Visitor Centre
    20 Princes Street, PO Box 5457
    Dunedin 9058, New Zealand
    Phone: +64 3 474 3300. Fax +64 3 474 3311
    E-mail: visitor.centre@dcc.govt.nz
    www.dunedin.govt.nz

Quote Originally Posted by mptopham View Post
    We had real trouble getting accomodation for the England games but found it in the end through the Dunedin visitor centre who then made the booking for us - give them a try.

I-SITE Dunedin Visitor Centre
    20 Princes Street, PO Box 5457
    Dunedin 9058, New Zealand
    Phone: +64 3 474 3300. Fax +64 3 474 3311
    E-mail: visitor.centre@dcc.govt.nz
    www.dunedin.govt.nz
    It is the visitor centre web site which shows that all there listed short term accommodation is booked at that time thus my link to a different type.

Thanks mptopham. Looks like we're out of luck so might just spend the night in the car! Unfortunately Ralf-nz, we can't change the dates but will have a look further afield.

Enjoy the game mptopham!

I have a spare room and can offer accomondation for the England games. I have tickets for the games in Dunedin.

Rebecca

Broad Bay

Dunedin