Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: House prices and rateable value/Zoodle reports

Good luck! Waiting for a response on an offer is nail biting isn't it?! Hope it works in your favor...exciting times!

Amy.

Many Kiwi vendors would rather wait for years for the price they believe they "should" get rather than compromise on a lower price and move on. Anyway, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by benhila View Post
    Many Kiwi vendors would rather wait for years for the price they believe they "should" get rather than compromise on a lower price and move on. Anyway, good luck!
    Do you think it's the Irish/Scots genepool? (Lest I be accused of rascism that is my own background)

Quote Originally Posted by 123laura View Post
    Do you think it's the Irish/Scots genepool? (Lest I be accused of rascism that is my own background)
    I think that it is to do with what is perceived as "fair" and that selling "under price" is viewed as a breach of "fairness". So (in my view, of course) it has little to do with greed or stubbornness per se and a lot to do with small-town unworldliness.

Same's been hapening in the UK for a while. Peoiple had been used to selling way above what they payed for a place a few years earlier, but in recent times then the 'market value' has been lower. My old neighbours are still sat in their houses after they've been on the market for 4 years and 2 years respectively. In both cases they have gradually reduced their prices below what I'm sure they could have sold for months ago if they'd reflected the market at that time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234