Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lodgement date?

Default Lodgement date?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if when your online update visa status remains as pending, but gains a lodgement date, whate that means exactly - does it mean there's someone actually processing it? (This is for the work/work/student/visitor visa applications, not the residency one).

We also got emails - one for each of the family telling us the visa application status had been updated.

Or, does the lodgement date mean it's just ready to be looked at? INZ appear to have taken fees for the applications too, I'm guessing that means they're happy that everything is there?

Chris.

Lodgement date is the date it is officially put into the system, and fees are taken immediately whether there is a problem or not. For example, my fee was taken straight away and I got an email a week later asking for another document. The reason being that once lodged in the system the applications are then distributed to case officers who may keep them hanging around for a few weeks before looking at them.

I know this because my CO rang me the date he received my application (a few days after lodgement), and said that as it was so well presented and easy to deal with (folders, indexes etc etc), he promised to get to it within two days.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I know this because my CO rang me the date he received my application (a few days after lodgement), and said that as it was so well presented and easy to deal with (folders, indexes etc etc), he promised to get to it within two days.
    Thanks April - I would have used folders etc as I thought it seemed like a goor organisational idea - but I didn't as it said specifically not to on the application form/guide - go figure!

Wow I never saw that - but as you can see from my timeline below, it worked pretty well. :-)

We think it's because of the extra bulk there would be if everyone used files and folders, which has all to be accommodated in their office.

My folder wasn't bulky - one of those with plastic document holders fixed inside - all up the whole thing was about an inch thick which was only a few mm thicker than without so I guess that was okay. My CO said he was impressed and that it was easy to process! But I suspect they're trying to put off the dozies who send in huge lever arch type files

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Never heard a CO phone up to let you know that they had received an application, maybe they did it on purpose and were being sarcastic as others have mentioned it does clearly say not to use folders etc on the application forms.

Ian

The submissions go in green files that hang in filing cabinets (or so it seemed when I was in NZ House in London) and so any other bindings would mean that they may not fit in there. Not convinced about the sarcasm, but we also were thanked for the system as pasted on teh 'covering letter' thread where there was a letter and numbered cross references to the actual items. I'm sure there' no one 'right way', but ignoring the clear instruction not to use a file has got to be risky.

No he wasn't being sarcastic - such a negative comment - tut tut ;-) I'm a glass half full sort myself. :-)

He rang me at every stage of the process and was very friendly and even rang to say when it was approved as he wanted to tell me in person. He then rang a few days later to say the stickers had been done, so I could arrange a private courier to collect the docments. He then spent about 20 minutes chatting and wishing me well for the future. Lovely man and super speedy at his job.

Duncan yes it would definitely have gone in one of those green hanging files, as I said it only made the whole package a few mm thicker.

Anyhow I think the thread creator has got the answer they wanted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast