Thread: Silverdale/ Orewa College area

Default Silverdale/ Orewa College area

OH has been looking at homes in Silverdale/ Orewa .... just wondering if anyone currently lives there who would like to share their experiences of living in the area??
    Also, any info/ insight into Orewa College would be helpful... thoughts, opinions, please??
    Up until this point we were set on houses in the Long Bay College area... but this seems to be an up and coming area and we may be swayed...

We stayed in the area (albeit briefly) and Orewa College had a good reputation, still got friends in the area and both their sons go there so can prob find out more. You are right about the Silverdale area, lots of new developments underway, new retail park, hospital and new housing.....................oh and Orewa is just where I want to be, so may be a bit biased
    someone with more recent experience of both areas will no doubt be along to help!

Have 2 boys at Orewa College (Year 9 and Year &)

They have been there since January - so far very pleased and Orewa College def gets my vote. Uniform is expensive mind oooh and as from 2012 term Y9 and up are needing laptop/notebooks or school recommendation Apple Ipad II. !!!!! Sign of the times I think and will happen in many other areas in time but will be expensive nonetheless.

Heaps of opportunities in extra curricular stuff if your kids want to get involved. let me know if you want more specific input.

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by louloumama3 View Post
    Have 2 boys at Orewa College (Year 9 and Year &)

They have been there since January - so far very pleased and Orewa College def gets my vote. Uniform is expensive mind oooh and as from 2012 term Y9 and up are needing laptop/notebooks or school recommendation Apple Ipad II. !!!!! Sign of the times I think and will happen in many other areas in time but will be expensive nonetheless.

Heaps of opportunities in extra curricular stuff if your kids want to get involved. let me know if you want more specific input.

Lou
    My OH read that online - she still reads the Rodney Times!!- about the Ipads - thats the kind of thing thats going to help convince my kids its a great idea to come back albeit expensive
    Just hoping for the right job to come along- ah who am i kidding just A job would be good enough!!!!