Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Auckland !!

Exclamation Questions about Auckland !!

After I got the silver fern visa... My plan now to live in Auckland ...
    I choose Auckland because of the availability of jobs there.

But where to live I don't know until now !!
    So what do you think the the most attractive city in Auckland to live in it and to catch a job in Auditing or Accounting ? Do you agree with me to live in or out of the central city ?

what about the moari. I have heard that they troublemaker. Does that true ?

Does the some medicine (pandol, flue) so should be allowed in the Airport ?

Does any sun-glass would be okay in NZ or should I buy a special one ?

I would be thankful if anybody could help me
    Regards,
    HMOODA
    Last edited by abusaqer; 16th July 2011 at 08:52 AM.

I'm at a bit of a loss in knowing what to say really......

I want to ask exactly what the questions the CO asked in the interview.......

In the spririt of the forum , then good quality sunglasses with a high level of UV protection are what you need and you can buy them anywhere, not 'special' New Zealand ones.

hi man thank you for your respond .... I post my experience already please see the topic about "I got the silver fern visa !!" you will see all the Questions

I wish if we be in touch on the messenger I hope so
    my email is like my nickname on hotmail.com

Maori people are just like any other race of people - some good, some bad, most just ordinary and in the middle. Some you will like and some not. A lot of the time, you may not even realize for some time that someone you talk to or work with is Maori or part-Maori. Don't go believing generalities from ignorant racists.

About things you may not bring into NZ. http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx

About sunglasses. http://www.cancernz.org.nz/assets/fi...ection2011.pdf

Thank You JandM....but what your advice about accommodations

Do a search for 'Where to live in Auckland' - there are lots of old threads to give you some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by abusaqer911 View Post

Does the some medicine (pandol, flue) so should be allowed in the Airport ?
    Ok...I have to say something. This is the kind of comment (about Maori) that disturb me. Also I'm not sure what you are referring to in terms of medicine? Whenever I hear generalizations about "All NZ'rs are prejudice", or "NZ is a horrible place to live", or etc. that raises a flag for me. And its not about saying what you have to say/experience is "wrong". It's about taking a step back and ask why you're about to move to another country, and being open.

I'll show my bias here....

Abusaqer911 --Not sure where you recieved your information from. I don't know your direct experience with Maori people. But I wonder how you would feel if someone said to you or you read on a discussion board ----"I heard that all Jordanians are x, and y (negative comments)"?

This is the same respect I hope that people can extend to other cultures. If/when you get direct experience with a particular culture one can then share their experience. But even then, to generalize about a particular culture etc. is not logical or helpful. Just had to voice my feelings about this.

In Canada we live in a very multi-cultural society. I had friends from all cultures growing up. My experience is that diversity is "a good thing", and the challenge is how we can bridge understanding etc. so we can accept we're all part of the same race ---the human race. <steps off her soapbox>

Thanks for reading.

I think being culturally sensitive is helpful, and what will ultimately, help us all become a more united world. Am I being idealistic here?

Quote Originally Posted by abusaqer911 View Post

HMOODA

My husband is of Maori decent, be very careful in generalizing them as troublemakers. That is very untrue. Of course there can be some for sure, but not all.

Dear all,

My apologizes, I am really so sorry ...I respect other whatever they are ...whatever they from ...at last we are humans and many of each culture is not good it's ...I don't know them until know ...I am agree with you...

Anyway I said that because I have heard that from many people bad mouth from NZ !!! THAT THE STORY...and simply I asked this questions just to see your responds....I am really so sorry.

by the way my target to be successful in every activity SO i WISH TO CONTACT WITH ANY GOOD PERSON...my plan to be resident in NZ and of course as anyone continue my life with a girl whichever she is from ....

Again so sorry and for every nation there are bad persons ....and I consider MYSELF now bad NOT POLITE to ask this Questions.... if any person is form MORIA I am really so sorry please sorry...i JUST ASK TO SEE YOUR RESPONDS
    Last edited by abusaqer; 16th July 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast