Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Visa - police certificate requirements

Default Work Visa - police certificate requirements

Leftfield question. Do you need police certificates for work visas?

I know someone who will be applying for PR on the back of a job offer via SMC, where I know he'll need the certificate, but for an interim work visa is the certificate needed? He's been in the UK for a while now, and is UK citizen, but was born and lived in SA so needs the South African certificate which apparently is a bit slower than the Uk one to get.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Leftfield question. Do you need police certificates for work visas?

I know someone who will be applying for PR on the back of a job offer via SMC, where I know he'll need the certificate, but for an interim work visa is the certificate needed? He's been in the UK for a while now, and is UK citizen, but was born and lived in SA so needs the South African certificate which apparently is a bit slower than the Uk one to get.

Thanks in advance.
    It seems not necessarily to be mandatory:

Requirements for working temporarily in New Zealand (
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktemporarily/requirements/) just refers to 'good character' as usual.

Further it is elaborated (
    http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/Goodcharacter.htm) that 'if you are coming to New Zealand for 24 months or longer you'll have to provide police certificates as evidence of your good character.'

Police check certificates are needed if the Work Visa application is required for 2 or more years. Less than 2years and all that is required is a declaration of character on the form.

I'm currently considering doing the same as your pal. Going out to NZ on a temporary work visa for 12 months (that way no medicals or x-rays required from the UK) whilst the PR application goes through (fingers crossed). I can get things set up in the interim with the family flying out on the PR visas later.

Yep that's what I'm doing too skywatcher!

Thanks

Processing time for PCs from SA at the moment is 6 to 9 weeks. Also remember that it's not needed unless work visa is 2 yrs or longer so maybe only a 12 month visa is exempt?

I assume it would be a 12 month work visa to cover the time whilst PR goes through

Think it's been said, but I think it's the 24 months thing that brings the police cert into paly. We supplied them for the work visas, but only because we are looking at longer term visas, and we had supplied them with the ITA anyway.

Hi all

Is there an age restriction on 'Work Visas?' someone had told be it was only up until 30? Hubby and I mid 30s Electrician and Teacher. Have been searching how to take a working year in NZ but only coming up with 'Skilled Migrant Visa' would prefer a quicker route! if possible
    Thanks for reading:-)

Default where to apply for SA Police certificates?

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceW View Post
    Processing time for PCs from SA at the moment is 6 to 9 weeks. Also remember that it's not needed unless work visa is 2 yrs or longer so maybe only a 12 month visa is exempt?
    Janice please do tell where I should apply for police certificates for SA, as I am in the UK now? Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast