Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nearly 2 years

Smile Nearly 2 years

and I thought it time to let you all know how its going, particularly with the posts of late re: would you come again and is NZ your home.
    Well, we came 2 years ago with nothing apart from suitcases with the rest following 8-10 weeks behind. Rented a great house with a great view in Titirangi which was then put on the market for sale, about 6 minutes after our 176 items individual boxes/items arrived from the UK. Moved to a new rental soon after and it was great, then madly saw a house with 5 beds in titirangi with nice sea views and an acre of bush for not too much. we bought the money pit and have been spending ever since! the kids love it as does my DIY crazy wife and we have been here for nearly a year. Kids (21,15 and 7) love the place and the younger 2 may as well have been born here, loving every minute of the opportunities and the lifestyle they have. Eldest working showing no signs of moving out though !! and has a great kiwi boyfriend who I like (shock) and is showing her the great outdoors instead of the great indoor on facebook.

We miss our family of course, but have had a few visitors and skype keeps us in touch with everyone. We have less money than we had in England by a long way, we drive old cars and have TV's with backs wider than my my old driveway and yet................everyone is happier.
    The area is wonderful, the schools are great, the beaches are empty and peaceful and clean, I go down the road and get mussels from the sea and cook them for the family, catch fish anywhere and fill the freezer and the choc labrador thinks she has gone to heaven.
    Utopia, No of course not but it is great. England is great too but I think we have discovered that NZ is just.....nicer.
    I have actively encouraged my good mate to come to NZ too and I can only pray that he and his wonderful family enjoy it as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by charliesdad View Post
    ........everyone is happier
    What can you desire more! Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by charliesdad View Post
    I have actively encouraged my good mate to come to NZ too and I can only pray that he and his wonderful family enjoy it as much as we do.
    I'm sure we will - can't wait to catch up again properly in a couple of weeks! (assuming it is me you're talking about - that's potentially embarrassing )

V is slightly concerned I've dusted off my old fishing reel!

Cheers Mr P.

Sounds faboulous........, here's to may more happy days to come!

nice post papa C

Quote Originally Posted by gorstsmit View Post
    I'm sure we will - can't wait to catch up again properly in a couple of weeks! (assuming it is me you're talking about - that's potentially embarrassing )

V is slightly concerned I've dusted off my old fishing reel!

Cheers Mr P.
    It will be good to see you too. T'was you i was talking about.

The fishing reel will be getting some serious use with the warm weather nearly around the corner. See you soon

Cheers

Rented a great house with a great view in Titirangi which was then put on the market for sale
    Interesting - the exact same thing happened to my son and his wife, the very week she arrived home with a new baby after a Caesarian delivery. Wonder if it was the same considerate Titirangi house owner?

Love Titirangi, though - as always, looking forward to another visit when we can.

WOW this one is the greatest note which I ever read about NZ , Charli your story is a dream for me and my wife ... I hope we reach your destiny on peace DD wonderful , wish u all the best as always ..

Sounds wonderful! Especially the mussels......

What a lovely post. I really enjoyed reading this, especially with us not in NZ yet it makes me even more excited for the big move (november). I hope that my family can be as happy as you and your family.

x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast