Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding INZ SMC documents stapling and organize cover letter

Default Regarding INZ SMC documents stapling and organize cover letter

Hi,
    I have received my ITA document via e-mail. I would like to send my application INZ Branch in New Delhi (TT Services) shortly.
    Before that, appreciate if you please clarify the following issues which will help me to lodge my EOI and supporting documents in order and correctly.

In my SMC checklist letter it was suggested that I provide a covering letter and a copy of the ITA letter with the application listing the documents enclosed and adding any relevant information that I want INZ to take into consideration.

In regard to this I have below queries (documents stapling and cover letter):

1) My SMC Application for EOI- has 51 pages. Can I use stapler to staple those pages? Is there any restriction for documents stapling?

2) My INZ Medical and Chest X-ray certificate (INZ 1007) has more than 20 pages. Can I staple those pages along with medical and X-ray report attached? Is there any restriction for documents stapling?

3) Can I use paper clips to clip documents in the same category (ie, passport 1 stack, qualifications 1 stack, work reference 1 stack, etc)?

4) In my cover letter I will mention all supporting documents I will attached. In the Index of cover letter is it allow the use of cross referencing? for an example, in my certified copy of job reference letter can i write at the top "Copy 15" etc on each of the copies. So that my INZ case office can easily trace out which documents is for what category.

What is the best way according to INZ recommendation?

for example: (Duncan74 used this one)

Work Experience/References

Letter from employer confirming career history (copy 15)
    Letters from employer showing career development (copy 16-copy 22) [THIS WAS ANNUAL REVEW AND PROMOTION LETTERS]
    Recent payslip-Last 3 months (copy 23-copy 25)

Re 1-3 above, then don't go stapling anything thats not already stapled. Leave it as it is, just pile it up. They ask for this specifically, and so lets assume that they don't really really ask for this to make their life hard, but they have a good reason.

As for 4, welll I'm not going to argue am I But to clarify, I piled up everything in the order of 'copy' and 'orginal' and so only wrote the reference on the copy item (except the police certificate and medical which were originals that I wasn't going to get back and need for anything else).

@Duncan74, from where u get this information not to staple?

I didn't find any INZ reference for not to staple.

can you give me any reference (eg. INZ operation manual etc.)?

From memory then it was 'no fixings or bindings of any type' or words to that effect. It was 2 years ago, and I'll leave it to you to read the letter with your ITA / the ITA guidance notes.

farzana apa, please check Private Message.

I agree, it does say on the letter clearly with the checklist not to staple or put anything into a binder or folder.

Just a quick thought, is there any chance that request is only on letters from London? Perhaps other branches have a different filing system that means they are more flexible?

Quote Originally Posted by Millesverige View Post
    I agree, it does say on the letter clearly with the checklist not to staple or put anything into a binder or folder.
    @Millesverige, MY ITA letter or EOI checklist doesn't mention anything not to staple or put anything into a binder or folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Just a quick thought, is there any chance that request is only on letters from London? Perhaps other branches have a different filing system that means they are more flexible?
    @Duncan74, My letter is from INZ Bangkok, and I have to submit my EOI to New Delhi branch office.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Could be, mine was from Dunedin branch when it was still possible to submit here and does not have this requirement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast