Thread: Got a new job : EOI in the pool : new job is not in LTSSL

Default Got a new job : EOI in the pool : new job is not in LTSSL

There is a situation like this: EOI points - 125

My current designation : Assistant Engineer in the Coordinator category.
    ANZSCO title : 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    This is included in LTSSL. At the time I lodged EOI my occupation was the one as stated above and EOI is still in the pool, not selected yet.

I got a new job and new designation will be : Head of IT in the manager category.
    ANZSCO title seems to be : 135199 ICT MANAGERS NEC
    This is not included in LTSSL and I will have joined for that job in 15th Aug 2011.

Another 2 EOI draws will have taken place by the time I join for a new job.
    So, what might happen to the points ? Will they reduce it ?

Dear All,
    Please advice me. I am clueless

In your new position, will you have responsibility for the computer network and systems engineers? Would you be able to do the job without your qualifications and previous experience in that field? Will you still maybe sometimes have to intervene and use your skills?

01 . In your new position, will you have responsibility for the computer network and systems engineers? YES
    02. Would you be able to do the job without your qualifications and previous experience in that field? DEFINITELY NO
    03. Will you still maybe sometimes have to intervene and use your skills? DEFINITELY YES

In that case, I think there would be a case for arguing that your new job will still be in the original ANZSCO category. I believe these don't go by ONLY the job title that happens to be given by the business you work for (who can, after all, call things whatever they want, and don't have one eye on ANZSCO), but depend more on the description of the work and responsibilities required of you. If you can show evidence when necessary that your new job uses the same skills as the old one (with management in addition), then I can't see a reason why you wouldn't still come under Computer Network and Systems Engineer.

Many thanks JandM. your explanation got cleared my doubt. so, I will stick with the "Computer Network and Systems Engineer".