Thread: Accommodation in Auckland

Default Accommodation in Auckland

Hi All

I would be moving with my family to Auckland on 8th of August. Anybdy can suggest about accommodation.

I have searched trademe.co.nz but it is toooo expensive.. nothing comes under NZ$250 per week.

Me, my wife and my 2 years old daughter would be moving.. any updates for city or North Shore???

From my research into rentals, $250 pw would be lowest in Auckland area. Maybe other senior members can help.

Default Auckland rental prices

There is a real estate firm, Crockers, that has useful statistical info on their website. One of them is the Auckland Rental Table, giving you average rental prices by suburb and by number of bedrooms. You can check it out here:
    http://www.crockers.co.nz/media/4641...une%202011.pdf

You are really not going to get much at all for under $250. If you cant find anywhere on trademe then you are going to struggle.
    Check here for rentals and start searching different areas

http://www.realestate.co.nz/rental

Even in pre-quake Chch you would have struggled to find somewhere decent <$250pw - we looked at some shockers valued at $310pw!

Try Barfoot and Thompson or Harcourts... they have rental sections and we secured a short term 2 bedroom furnished rental in Waiwera for $350 wk... it's doubtful you will find anything in your price range, especially with the World Cup happening... but good luck.