Thread: Wife Visa on hold, help required

Default Wife Visa on hold, help required

Hello Friends,

As discussed here: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34520 I applied for my wife visa and got a reply from visa officer in Dubai today that he has put my wife application on hold and he will approve the application when my PR is approved? This is ridicules don't know why he put the application on hold?

I came to New Zealand on 9 months WTR visa in Feb3 2011. I already got a skilled Job in April 2011, few days ago I just applied for my PR and I don't know how much time it would take to get my PR application approved. I don't want my wife to be away anymore.

JandM can you or any other friends suggests what should I write CO? My WTR visa is still valid till Nov-3 2011 why they are not issuing visa to my wife?

Please advise

Quote Originally Posted by TahirKhan View Post
    I applied for my wife visa and got a reply from visa officer in Dubai today that he has put my wife application on hold and he will approve the application when my PR is approved? This is ridicules don't know why he put the application on hold?
    As you and your wife have now been together for 12 months it would seem likely that instead of issuing a work visa for her, they are just going to issue a residence visa instead i.e. at the same time as they issue yours.

From your own timeline, it would appear that your visa will be approved shortly so they probably don't see the point in issuing two visas which is why the application is on hold.

Ian

I agree with Ian. If you want to reply to this CO, it should probably just be to ask him if it is correct to understand that your wife is now going to be added to your own Residence visa when it is issued.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    As you and your wife have now been together for 12 months
    Perhaps I have overlooked it but there might be an issue with the time line: 'Been together' yes, but 'been living together'?

Thanks for the messages. Bytheway Can I ask visa officer for her visitor visa? Not sure how much time my PR application would take? I have already full filled the NZ skilled job requirement but I am not sure how much time they would take to approve my PR? Any idea how much time they usually take to approve Deferred PR??

I am in Auckland CBD, any idea how much time CBD branch takes to approve deferred PR?

Thanks for the messages. Bytheway Can I ask visa officer for her visitor visa? Not sure how much time my PR application would take? I have already full filled the NZ skilled job requirement but I am not sure how much time they would take to approve my PR? Any idea how much time they usually take to approve Deferred PR??
    Visitor visa should be very fine IMHO.

I am in Auckland CBD, any idea how much time CBD branch takes to approve deferred PR?
    Official time quoted for all branches is 30-60 days.

Ian