Thread: Travel to NZ whilst residency is pending

Default Travel to NZ whilst residency is pending

Hi

I have lodged an application at INZ London Branch for residency which has been assessed and is pending subject to assessment of our medicals.

I also have a confirmed job offer.

Can anybody advise if it is possible to travel to NZ with a lodged and pending application on a tourist visa (South Africa has a 3 month visa waiver for visitors), with a valid return ticket.

The object of this travel will be twofold, to source accommodation, schools for kids and to do a bit of touring to the North and South Islands with the kids. The duration of this travel will be 1month.

I would appreciate comment in this regard.

Why shouldn't you? Have fun!

Hello and welcome.

Can't see any problem with that.

Thank you.

We will obviously inform our CO of contact email whilst we are in NZ.
    If we are required to perform any further medicals if requested by the medical assessor, can this be done by a doctor in NZ and forwarded to London?

When entering at the airport, the immigration officer will obviously see on his computer an application has been lodged. He will no doubt question our intentions in NZ. Should we indicate holiday and business or simply holiday as we will be holding a return ticket.

'Business' makes it sounds as though you might be trying to work, which is obviously not good on a visitor's visa. I'd say, keep it as simple as you can.

Ok, what about the medicals?

Joe - lots of people come on a visit while the application is being processed - Immigration probably won't even ask you - they didn't for us.

Medicals are cheap here I believe.....but if there are any issues - how will you follow up on them once you are back home?

Neil, my medicals are done and submitted. Its the follow up medicals such as further xrays or clarification on any issue which may require seeing a New Zealand doctor or obtaining a radiologist's opinion which I can access whilst I am on holiday.