Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panel Of Doctors

Default Panel Of Doctors

Hi There,
    On the NZIS website for the panel of doctors for the north of England i can only see York. Is this right? I'm sure there are other areas in the north that do this but it is not showing up on the list??? We had our previous ones done in Huddersfield. The reason i ask, is it worth comparing prices as York have quoted me £215 for the blood test alone. Its sounds very exspensive, i don't remember paying so much. Does this sound normal?
    Thanks
    Sal

It IS worth comparing prices - there are big enough differences possible for some people to have even found it worth going some distance and staying away from home to do their medicals.

There are over 100 panel doctors listed for England. If you you go to the Panel Doctors link on the NZI website, do a search on "England" and it will list them all.

A link is attached below as well if this helps.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=1

City or County: Leeds
    Doctor/Clinic: Drs Michael James Darby, Keith Harris & Richard Fowler
    Address: Nuffield Hospital Leeds, Department of Radiology 2 Leighton Street Leeds LS1 3EB, United Kingdom (UK)
    Phone: 0113 388 2037 or 0113 388 2038 Fax: 0113 388 2046
    Type: Radiologist

Hope this helps...there's also some in Sheffield.

Hi,
    Also some in Manchester www.saybat.co.uk - Dr Brendon Smith (St. John's Street)
    Blood tests - 145 - for all for NZ tests
    X-Ray £75 - each

Quote Originally Posted by smith2182 View Post
    Hi,
    Also some in Manchester www.saybat.co.uk - Dr Brendon Smith (St. John's Street)
    Blood tests - 145 - for all for NZ tests
    X-Ray £75 - each
    We used Dr Smith last week, very pleasant, professional and quick

Wow! Dr Smith sounds good! The cheapest that I could find a few months ago was £360 for the tests and x-ray! Will certainly be trying to make an appointment with him! Doe he only do the appointments on specific days? One in Leeds only does NZ appointments on a Friday!

No - we had an appt. on a Monday. I was under the impression that he works most days. Should have mentioned that in all with cost of physical exam for 2 adults, 2 kids (1x 4 yr old and 1 x5 yr old), 3 urine tests (adults and 5 yr old), 2 sets of blood tests (me and OH ) and 2 Chest X-Rays (again me and OH) - came to £820 in all.
    He was good though - having worked in NHS for 17 years I can spot a good doc a mile off and he was definately one of those!!!!

Just booked my appointment with them! They receptionist was lovely! Makes a change for a Doctor's Surgery! Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by wiseboy22 View Post
    Just booked my appointment with them! They receptionist was lovely! Makes a change for a Doctor's Surgery! Ha ha!
    LOL when you not getting it on the NHS they have a very different attitude towards you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast