Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more get up

Default One more get up

Well, we're very nearly there now.

We fly tomorrow evening with Emirates from Manchester so we'll be checking in online tonight!

We moved out of our rental place on Wednesday and Crown came, packed up and shipped out on Thursday/Friday -I did take piccys, so 'll maybe try and get a couple posted up if anyone's interested.

It was strange seeing everything packed up and driving away knowing we won't see it for the best part of 3 months.

We've been staying at my brother and sister-in-laws - all 9 of us (they have 3 kids of their own too), and it's been great. I think staying with family has been a great idea, we've got chance to spend some time together and reminisce, eat and drink together before we go which has been great fun.

The surprise party that was organised for us was excellent, blindfolded in the back of a car and driven to a mystery location before the big reveal! How great it was to see so many friends and family in the room to send us off properly. Mrs G keeps asking why we're going, I think we're at that stage we have to remind ourselves - though it doesn't take long to remember.

Cars went back today, so we are jobless, homeless and car-less. As I said somewhere recently, I will be working on shoe-less, legless and reckless.

I know we're on the brink of something enormous, something life changing, something difficult. But I also know it's surmountable, I know having done what we've done so far, that we can make it through.

I will hurt to leave those we love behind, but we will see them again sometime I'm sure, and I also look forward to new friends and new adventures.

Right, let's see what comes...

Yeah! I'm starting to feel that way as well and leave in 27 days! Worried about getting on the plane and as its taking off, thinking "what am I doing!?" Good to know that these feelings are normal.

As an aside --Wholly molly, I'm watching a 4 masted tallship out the window! I currently live on the habourfront so lots of boats to see, but the tallship festival isn't this weekend?

It's nice to have your family with you. I'm going solo and starting a new life really on all fronts! One day at a time...any enjoy each step.

Quote Originally Posted by gorstsmit View Post

We fly tomorrow evening with Emirates from Manchester so we'll be checking in online tonight!

We moved out of our rental place on Wednesday and Crown came, packed up and shipped out on Thursday/Friday -I did take piccys, so 'll maybe try and get a couple posted up if anyone's interested.

It was strange seeing everything packed up and driving away knowing we won't see it for the best part of 3 months.

We've been staying at my brother and sister-in-laws - all 9 of us (they have 3 kids of their own too), and it's been great. I think staying with family has been a great idea, we've got chance to spend some time together and reminisce, eat and drink together before we go which has been great fun.

The surprise party that was organised for us was excellent, blindfolded in the back of a car and driven to a mystery location before the big reveal! How great it was to see so many friends and family in the room to send us off properly. Mrs G keeps asking why we're going, I think we're at that stage we have to remind ourselves - though it doesn't take long to remember.

Cars went back today, so we are jobless, homeless and car-less. As I said somewhere recently, I will be working on shoe-less, legless and reckless.

I know we're on the brink of something enormous, something life changing, something difficult. But I also know it's surmountable, I know having done what we've done so far, that we can make it through.

I will hurt to leave those we love behind, but we will see them again sometime I'm sure, and I also look forward to new friends and new adventures.

Best of luck to you both......I hope I won't be too far behind you

Best wishes for the move, looking forward to the updates when you land!

((()))

Good luck, mate. Enjoy the flight, catch upon some films if the little uns will let you.
    What are we doing? I am pretty sure everyone who has made the move has thought that a few times especially with the parties and the saying goodbye and your earthly belongings in boxes.
    Its the start of a new adventure thats all. enjoy it and see you on Saturday!!
    Cheers

Congrats..my hubby is in air right now...we will be following in 24 days..where are you going to? would love to meet up sometime..

Quote Originally Posted by gorstsmit View Post

Safe journey and happy landings on the other side!

the few days before are weird as you are losing things and selling things and leaving people behind without the excitement of what will replace them. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

Cheers all.

Last day today, we set off for the airport at 5.

See those of you there on the other side, and those of you here, 'll update you soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast